This thread is privately moderated by GRW3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 28, 2019, 10:03 AM
Modeling Retread
Thread OP
Discussion

“I Want to do This Until I Die”

The title to this blog post is a quote from the Propbusters movie below… I agree…

These two movies are available on Amazon Prime and I recommend them both. RC Propbusters: Untold is an intimate look at modeling in Connecticut but it could be anywhere. It will have the most appeal to this group. Model Citizen is about model railroading and while that is not a focus of this group it says a lot of meaningful things about the importance of a hobby.

One of the things apparent in both films is that modeling is primarily an adult pursuit. I have felt for decades that the AMA has wasted a lot of resources trying to return to the halcyon days when model aviation was the rage among the youth of America. It’s proba why they went so gaga over multirotors. Those days aren’t coming back. Better they spend money advertising with AARP than what they have done. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be youth outreach, just that it shouldn’t be so consuming. It should be more along the lines of EAA’s Youmg Eagles program. There - Visible - Far from the primary emphasis.

RC Modeling may actually be suffering from this overemphasis on kids by making our hobby appear childish. This is a great hobby for adults. It is a great stress reliever. It keeps your fine motor skills going. It gets you outside away from the TV. It lets you participate in man’s greatest desire - to fly.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2019, 07:10 AM
Modeling Retread
Thread OP

Robert Jarzombeck RIP

Robert achieved this goal on April 29th, 2019. He joins his beloved wife whom he missed terribly. He was a tremendous member and asset to our club, the San Antonio Propbusters.

Quick Reply