Thread Tools
Apr 28, 2019, 06:53 AM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Discussion

Mother gets jailed for a week, loses her job and kids after being wrongly arrested du


Quote:
https://www.theblaze.com/news/mother...1BgzjKg7IkmzhI

Police wrongly arrested and jailed an Ohio mother earlier this month, acting on a warrant intended for a drug-trafficking suspect who shared the same name. But before law enforcement realized the mistake, the innocent woman had spent a week behind bars, lost her job and temporarily lost custody of her children in the meantime.


Authorities arrested Ashley Foster, 26, in a Target parking lot April 11, after a Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy ran her plates as part of a routine patrol.

"I told him my name was Ashley, he asked me to step out of the car," the mother later recalled to WXIX-TV. "They said, 'Do you know you have a warrant out for your arrest?' And I said, 'No! What did I do?' He said it was for tracking heroin, and I broke down in the parking lot, on the ground crying."

However, the deputy was relying on information from Brown County, where the Aberdeen Police Department had issued the warrant intended for a suspect named Ashley Foster on April 1. Problem was, nearly all of the identifying documentation in the system matched the wrong woman.


Clyde
Apr 28, 2019, 07:39 AM
turn, turn, turn.
At least she has a legitimate lawsuit and can recoup some of her losses.
Apr 28, 2019, 10:07 AM
The QuadFather
propflux01's Avatar
Oooops!!
Apr 28, 2019, 10:24 AM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
56S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
At least she has a legitimate lawsuit and can recoup some of her losses.
I don't think so Kenny.
Apr 28, 2019, 10:30 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Cyberdactyl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
I don't think so Kenny.
She probably does have some recourse with litigation.

Unless the police can show the mistake was unavoidable or understandable, i.e., her car was the same model, color as the wanted woman, her plate was not valid, her physical description closely matched, etc.

We'll see.

Quote:
"They showed me the computer, everything they had in front of them, it was my ID, my picture, my birthday, my social security number, but it was not my address," Foster confirmed. "I said that I didn't do anything and that they had the wrong person."
Apr 28, 2019, 12:51 PM
Registered User
It reminds me a thread about whether people’s life were conditioned by their choices. I suppose she made a bad choice at some point, such as choosing the wrong name and surname, or being at the wrong place at the wrong moment...
Apr 28, 2019, 01:25 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitounet View Post
It reminds me a thread about whether people’s life were conditioned by their choices. I suppose she made a bad choice at some point, such as choosing the wrong name and surname, or being at the wrong place at the wrong moment...
God is in control. God works in mysterious ways.
Apr 28, 2019, 02:50 PM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
56S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl View Post
She probably does have some recourse with litigation.

Unless the police can show the mistake was unavoidable or understandable, i.e., her car was the same model, color as the wanted woman, her plate was not valid, her physical description closely matched, etc.

We'll see.
She was white.
Apr 28, 2019, 03:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitounet View Post
It reminds me a thread about whether people’s life were conditioned by their choices. I suppose she made a bad choice at some point, such as choosing the wrong name and surname, or being at the wrong place at the wrong moment...
Not the same thing, at all.
It is unlikely anything will happen to the government employees at fault. She is lucky that they did not shoot her on site and that none of the guards raped her while she was in jail.
Apr 28, 2019, 03:21 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo View Post
Not the same thing, at all.
It is unlikely anything will happen to the government employees at fault. She is lucky that they did not shoot her on site and that none of the guards raped her while she was in jail.
Maybe where you come from, but not here in America.
Apr 28, 2019, 04:19 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
DR. JOY's Avatar
Poor woman will likely get no compensation since the cops thought they were right.
Apr 28, 2019, 04:20 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. JOY View Post
Poor woman will likely get no compensation since the cops thought they were right.
That would be a shame.. But now that I think of it, you are probably right.
Apr 28, 2019, 07:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. JOY View Post
Poor woman will likely get no compensation since the cops thought they were right.
Now turn it around. If the woman had caused one of the officers to lose 7 days of their life or through malfeasance caused one of them to lose money would SHE get out of it unscathed?

If the officers buddies didn't corner her and unload their weapons on her the DA certainly would have filed charges.

Again, she is lucky to have made it out alive.
Apr 28, 2019, 07:34 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
rcposter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
At least she has a legitimate lawsuit and can recoup some of her losses.
A settlement will be forthcoming. Two things may be simultaneously true; neither she nor the cops did anything wrong.
Apr 28, 2019, 07:38 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
DR. JOY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo View Post
Now turn it around. If the woman had caused one of the officers to lose 7 days of their life or through malfeasance caused one of them to lose money would SHE get out of it unscathed?

If the officers buddies didn't corner her and unload their weapons on her the DA certainly would have filed charges.

Again, she is lucky to have made it out alive.
And that is the root of it right there.

Serfs have no rights.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Instagram ‘star’ sobs in viral video at idea of having to get a real job after her ac kenpoprofessor Life, The Universe, and Politics 8 Apr 11, 2019 01:23 PM
Discussion City councilwoman could lose her job over her disgusting tweet attacking cops (video) kenpoprofessor Life, The Universe, and Politics 10 May 20, 2018 12:19 PM
Discussion Texas cop arrests mother and daughters after calling police after neighbor chokes son Goonie Works Life, The Universe, and Politics 123 Dec 28, 2016 05:52 PM
Discussion Mom sues cops for punching her in the face during arrest while her kids looked on Sonny McGhee Life, The Universe, and Politics 16 Oct 06, 2015 04:11 AM
Discussion Sex-crime Victim Could be Jailed for Tweeting her Attackers' Names Highflight Life, The Universe, and Politics 3 Jul 22, 2012 07:47 PM