Oct 27, 2020, 02:44 PM
Flying every chance I get!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosytime
You might want to check with the guys at Flex to see if the Lemon is one of the recommended receivers. If you look at the instructions it doesn't show Lemon as one of the approved receivers. There has been plenty of posts pro and con on the use of Lemon receivers in Flex products, but if you have a problem and damage the plane they probably won't warranty the plane. It always amazes me that folks will spend a good chunk of change for a plane and want to put the cheapest receiver in it.
I agree. If flying Spektrum, get the 8010T or 9030T for this plane. The Flex guys have reported the failures they have experienced with satellites failing on the bigger planes. The sat wires do not hold up.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2020, 08:27 PM
San Antonio TX.
I have been flying the Cap 232, the Mamba 10 and Mamba 60 using the Aura 8 that comes installed along with Spektrum satellites since those those airplanes came out. I have had no issues whatsoever with this setup on any of them.

Bob
Last edited by sensei; Nov 06, 2020 at 06:47 AM.
Oct 27, 2020, 08:35 PM
I have a cap232 with 2 spektrum sats and the mamba 60 with ar8010t. Both work fine with no issues but i may be imagining it the aura8 with 8010t seems smoother and more responsive somehow to me.
Oct 28, 2020, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano
I agree. If flying Spektrum, get the 8010T or 9030T for this plane. The Flex guys have reported the failures they have experienced with satellites failing on the bigger planes. The sat wires do not hold up.
Thanks!
Oct 28, 2020, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei
I have been flying the Cap 232, the Mamba 10 and Mamba 60 using the Aura 8 that comes installed along with Spektrum satellites since those those airplanes came out. I have had no issues whatsoever with this setup an any of them.

Bob
Remember, he was asking about the Lemon receivers and satellites. Spektrum is supported but I echo what others have said about the satellites in larger planes, there has been failures which is why Flex recommends using the receivers instead.
Oct 29, 2020, 06:37 AM
San Antonio TX.
Quote:
Remember, he was asking about the Lemon receivers and satellites. Spektrum is supported but I echo what others have said about the satellites in larger planes, there has been failures which is why Flex recommends using the receivers instead.
I do understand what he was inquiring about, my take on the matter is I donít fly anything that is not Spektrum or an Aura. My airplanes 74Ē or smaller get either a stock AR 10, AR 20 or the 8010-T, if an Aura is installed it gets two original Spektrum satellites. Now if my airplane is larger than 74Ē I install a Spektrum power safe receiver with 4 original Spektrum satellites, not knock offs. Over the years I have not had any airborne electronic issues by doing things this way.

Bob
Oct 29, 2020, 09:28 AM
Are there red and green nav lights like the RV8?
Oct 29, 2020, 09:37 AM
Well hopefully MeSE-Rious#6 takes the advice and spends a little bit more on a receiver to eliminate any potential problems from an unsupported receiver. And as a side note, you guys with Spektrum have it nice as far as being able to fly with just some satellites into the Aura when it calls for that. I fly Futaba and have to use SBus receivers to avoid the PPW way of using non SBus receivers. I do love that Aura and have it in most of my non Flex planes and have the Aura Pro in my turbine jet.
Oct 29, 2020, 10:00 AM
San Antonio TX.
Quote:
Well hopefully MeSE-Rious#6 takes the advice and spends a little bit more on a receiver to eliminate any potential problems from an unsupported receiver. And as a side note, you guys with Spektrum have it nice as far as being able to fly with just some satellites into the Aura when it calls for that. I fly Futaba and have to use SBus receivers to avoid the PPW way of using non SBus receivers. I do love that Aura and have it in most of my non Flex planes and have the Aura Pro in my turbine jet.
Yah the Aura rocks, I have had nothing but great reliability from them.

Bob
Oct 29, 2020, 01:30 PM
UPS dropped my nite version off today.... Iím using the Spek. 8010T like I did on RV8.
Options on some things as I look over manual.

1. Epoxy/CA vs FoamTac for glueing the rudder?
2. Tape on the elevator vs adding a screw or possibly glue?

Thanks
Oct 29, 2020, 09:50 PM
San Antonio TX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggk
UPS dropped my nite version off today.... Iím using the Spek. 8010T like I did on RV8.

Thanks
Foam Tac works great, and I have never had a stab come loose or off using the tape.

Bob
Oct 29, 2020, 09:55 PM
Still practicing the "save"
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggk

Thanks
1. Foam Tac should be fine, I used Medium CA on mine and havenít had any issues.
2. Same as Bob, I used tape on the stabs and have had zero issues.

No
Oct 30, 2020, 08:05 AM
I used epoxy but foam tac will work fine for the rudder. The tape is fine for stabs and will make damaged replacement easier.
Oct 30, 2020, 02:44 PM

Connecting ESC to AR8010T

Manual says to plug ESC/Throttle to receiver. Unfortunately the connector on ESC is not compatible with receiver. So do you shave it down to fit?

Addendum shows where the servos should be plugged in to Aura but also says it is correct on page 11, which it isn't. Should I go by the addendum?

Got a call in to Flex but thought I certainly couldn't be the only one that had this question.

Thanks
Last edited by rcnxs; Oct 30, 2020 at 03:22 PM.
Oct 30, 2020, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnxs
Manual says to plug ESC/Throttle to receiver. Unfortunately the connector on ESC is not compatible with receiver. So do you shave it down to fit?

Addendum shows where the servos should be plugged in to Aura but also says it is correct on page 11, which it isn't. Should I go by the addendum?

Got a call in to Flex but thought I certainly couldn't be the only one that had this question.

Thanks
The addendum is the correct way mine was correct from the box but check and make sure
The addendum is also correct about the wing bolts manual has the lengths backwards.
Not sure about your esc issue minwas tight but worked as it should.

Quick Reply