This thread is privately moderated by UpNup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 26, 2019, 08:03 PM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Discussion

Macross DY-30 Jet mashup

Plastic models help me study a plane that I hope to build someday. While investigating canard planes I tripped across the Macross DY-30 Chronos. It’s a transformer from PlayStation videogame only available in Japanese.

The plane is very close to modern jets. While evaluating a number of them I discovered the Russian SU-35/37 Super Flanker Jet. So I found the plastic model in China and bought it with no problems. I had to make lots of parts and trim the canards to match photos.

Here’s some photos of my version. The model will serve as a guide some day for a jet.
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2019, 02:43 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Holy smokes!! A macross!!! don't stop there , let us know when you start maiden it.

Btw there's also macross in R/C phoenix sim too:
Macross Delta VF-31A Kairos build for Phoenix R/C simulator (22 min 27 sec)
May 02, 2019, 11:00 AM
Pretty much ANY of the Macross variable fighters can be modded/adjusted to be VEEY airworthy, as well as 'badass-as-all-get-OUT'!

Be nice to see another one transition to RC
May 08, 2019, 11:00 AM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
Holy smokes!! A macross!!! don't stop there , let us know when you start maiden it.

Btw there's also macross in R/C phoenix sim too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtoupWh-714
The flight sim is awesome! Yes, I would love to see this DY-30 in the air for real some day. I'm currently building a P-51B 57" WS, so it'll be a few years.
Thanks for the encouragement!
May 08, 2019, 11:02 AM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaaro
Pretty much ANY of the Macross variable fighters can be modded/adjusted to be VEEY airworthy, as well as 'badass-as-all-get-OUT'!

Be nice to see another one transition to RC
Do you have a link to a Macross to RC? I'm curious about several things -- size, cost, powerplant (EDF?), etc.
May 09, 2019, 12:21 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNup
Do you have a link to a Macross to RC? I'm curious about several things -- size, cost, powerplant (EDF?), etc.
These guys did:
The dream of 'I want to fly the VF-1 Valkyrie' came true, Amazing maiden flight (4 min 0 sec)
May 28, 2019, 04:30 AM
That reminds me...

That guy who has begun creating 'new' design Flite Test foam board jets & warbirds----John Overstreet.

We need to hit him up to crank out a foam board-based VF-1 like these...he'd do it & do it well!

Quick Reply