This thread is privately moderated by Markus Gritsch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 12, 2019, 01:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Gritsch
I also have some NRF24 + PA/LNA modules in the mail: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32965514627.html
They arrived today. After cutting the PCB antenna and the edge connectors it fits nicely on top of a NOXE FC.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2019, 01:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro147
EDIT- Well their explanation is that because there is no copper in those areas where the yellow isn't showing, it shows up as that greenish colour. It does match with to Eagle file if I turn all layers off except the top and run ratsnest but I am only partially convinced. The purple ones from OSH Park are completely covered in purple although their GND plane is slightly different due to some re-routing on this version and also purple is a darker colour I suppose. They just look WEIRD
Well, from your pictures I was not able to understand, what you were complaining about. Now after the EDIT it's more clear, what seemed to be wrong with the PCBs to you. How the soldermask appears on the FR-4 depends on the color and whether its transparent or opaque. The yellow one seems to be quite transparent, but it looks to be ok otherwise.
Last edited by Markus Gritsch; Aug 13, 2019 at 01:41 PM.
Aug 13, 2019, 08:13 PM
I have never had this sort of situation even with white soldermask but as JLPCB explained, it is only like this when there is no copper plane in that area and with the opaque colours. All good and now I know

The first side of the VooDoo SolderMask FC, AKA the Silver F4 seemed to solder up OK. Round 2 after work
Aug 14, 2019, 08:50 AM
Droning on.
Sorry to take this OTT Markus but do you have a copy of the firmware that has the z axis telemetry logging seen in this post; https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13852 ?

I know the code is there in the post but I'd like to see the other changes made (maxg and abs) which are evident in the files. I have searched your other repositories and the SilF4ware code but it would help if I could use Keil rather than searching through the files individually
Aug 14, 2019, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
Not sure what you are asking. maxg is a static variable which is introduced in line 19 of the diff and abs() is a function declared in stdlib.h. There really is nothing else to it than the depicted diff.

You could have asked in the H8 thread, then it would not have been off topic
Aug 14, 2019, 09:25 AM
Droning on.
Yes but I wanted your undivided attention! Where best to ask the coder who derived it other than his own thread?!

Ok, thanks. Will look into a work out why it's not displaying.
Aug 15, 2019, 09:30 AM
SilverF4 v2 - it lives. I flashed it with the LiteFlite BetaFlight target for some instant visual gratification and it feels good.

Tomorrow I will test SWD flashing of SilF4ware and some different receiver connections in BetaFlight and SilF4ware.

Very happy with the result so far.

Silver F4 v2 mission accomplished (0 min 23 sec)
Aug 15, 2019, 09:37 AM
Droning on.
Nice work Pedro. You finally got there through dogged perseverance and great help from the guys here.

Is there a v3 on the way?
Aug 15, 2019, 09:43 AM
Thread OP
Congratulations!

BTW: you can flash SilF4ware also with the Betaflight Configurator via USB. SWD is just convenient for development and debugging.
Aug 15, 2019, 12:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
They arrived today. After cutting the PCB antenna and the edge connectors it fits nicely on top of a NOXE FC.
...and finally connected to the FC.
Aug 15, 2019, 01:36 PM
Droning on.
Nice work. Seems like a perfect fit.
Aug 15, 2019, 02:25 PM
Thanks fellas

Yes I have a v3 on which I just tidied up the bottom row of pads and I am looking at using a TS30042 regulator (Max VIN of 40v) It's just something to play around with for the future. I haven't yet incorporated the TS30042 into this design as I am still looking at the feasibility.

Thanks Markus, yes I have flashed SilF4 Hex's in BF but just added SWD for maximum versatility and to impress the Ladies

Another very neat magnet wire job on the NRF, you could have been a surgeon with those skills.
Aug 25, 2019, 04:01 PM
Quote:
I also have some NRF24 + PA/LNA modules in the mail: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32965514627.html

Any idea how I order these please. So I logged into Aliexpress and it will not let me add to cart or buy. It says add missing information ?

What information Aliexpress

I am logged in and a quantity is selected. Any ideas please ?
Aug 25, 2019, 04:59 PM
Droning on.
Have you selected the "colour"?
Aug 25, 2019, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yets
Have you selected the "colour"?
Damn it no I didn't Thanks Yets

It's a PCB Ali, do I look like I care what colour they are.

One says Dip & the other SMD. Chinglish hits a new all time low

Quick Reply