Micro 3D Printed FPV Tank

Now here's a fun project for you guys with 3D Printers. Thingiverse user JaniKabalin posted up this Micro FPV Tank project whose inspiration came from the Tiny Trak.

Splash

3D Printed Tank Project

Now here's a fun project for you guys with 3D Printers. Thingiverse user JaniKabalin posted up this Micro FPV Tank project whose inspiration came from the Tiny Trak. It uses a 1 or 2s lipo and 2 servos. The design has been refined a couple of times and it looks like it will be fun to drive around with FPV gear on board.

Check out the Micro FPV Tank Project Here

Apr 27, 2019, 04:29 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Cool little explorers, and a great learning tool for kids.
May 02, 2019, 06:26 AM
I made one... HXT900's really don't work as they are not designed to carry shear load
May 02, 2019, 07:39 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Good to know
May 03, 2019, 09:14 AM
Here's a non FPV one I remixed and printed recently. These things are a blast, climbs really well for what it is. I'm using TowerPro brand servos and it runs great so far. I have over 3 hours run time on it. A 380mah 1s lipo gets 30min of runtime and still comes back above 4v.

I really like the design of yours, super clean. I'd like to see a TPU track for it.
May 03, 2019, 01:11 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Nice job! They do look super fun.
May 05, 2019, 02:49 PM
Who feels like printing the parts to either of these designs again? Name your price, I'd love to build one for my little boy.
May 08, 2019, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlyfire
Who feels like printing the parts to either of these designs again? Name your price, I'd love to build one for my little boy.
I have the parts from the original design if you want them. Just pay shipping and they're yours. Its exactly like the orange one above except narrower tracks and a slightly wider body.

Picture below is the actual one when it was built.
Jun 19, 2019, 12:04 PM
Awesome!!
Jun 21, 2019, 01:36 PM
Very cool! I did something similar but crude with an air hogs hypertrax recently. Mini fpv tanks are a ton of fun.
Microtank episode 1 (surface FPV with a bunny!) (7 min 25 sec)
Jun 24, 2019, 11:58 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
There's another tank I'd like to print, but the guy that designed it is being tight with the files... and he's only selling it as a kit with the printed parts, screws and tracks... I wouldn't even mind buying the files from him but no luck yet

Quick Reply