Apr 28, 2019, 06:26 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Because I buy these as do others and not everybody wants to spend time wading through the website which isn't exactly streamlined nor logical.
But wait, didn't I just get called some conspiracy theorist who has no ability to navigate a confusing website?
Quote:
I see , your inability to navigate a website is now my fault or some wider conspiracy to defraud the world whilst the Chinese build their nefarious global super power ?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNAF
Why the heck are you posting the entire catalogue here at little added value? Are you trying to make money here?
I see you got a polite response too, just like I did.
Quote:
You would think that members were forced to read every thread under threat of decapitation rather than it being a choice.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2019, 05:51 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
You are intimating you are FORCED to read every thread ? how strange.

You were called out because you couldnt navigate a single Web PAGE not the whole site, failing the web PAGE you couldnt even figure out the CHOICE of TWO options nor could you manage to change the currency and you decided it was the Internet rather than yourself who was at fault.

You are the one at fault here, not me . If you dont want to participate in the thread other than to attempt to cause friction and blame others for your own inadequacies then carry on, all you are doing is showing the rest of us your true personality.

Im off to post in every single thread how i disagree with the content and how the world doesnt work how i want it to.

Normal people would just walk on by............................
Apr 29, 2019, 12:11 PM
Fair enough
Apr 29, 2019, 12:14 PM
Closed Account
Here is my Minimum RC Piper Cub. Just a couple hours work. The kit is perfect, fantastic quality!!!

Name: 20190429_063052.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 3.58 MB
Description: Name: 20190429_063054.jpg
Views: 70
Size: 3.50 MB
Description: Name: 20190429_063104.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 2.09 MB
Description:
Apr 29, 2019, 12:21 PM
Got the Sopwith Camel, happy with the quality. Sometimes the burned edges need to be sanded lightly which is ok.
I am a bit distracted building my Vintage Model Company Corsair that was gifted for Christmas but soon I expect to continue finishing it
Apr 29, 2019, 12:53 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Two very cool builds going on That Camel scheme looks stunning RNAF and your wood work looks extremely nice and tidy ( much better than i can do ) look forward to seeing how that one turns out .

Yours too SirPercy, i know theyre laser cut kits but ive normally glued my foot to the ceiling by now , have you decided what decal scheme are you going for ?
Apr 29, 2019, 02:23 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Two very cool builds going on That Camel scheme looks stunning RNAF and your wood work looks extremely nice and tidy ( much better than i can do ) look forward to seeing how that one turns out .

Yours too SirPercy, i know theyre laser cut kits but ive normally glued my foot to the ceiling by now , have you decided what decal scheme are you going for ?
I have some almost Cub Yellow Solite , so I'm going to go traditional with some numbers and graphics from Callie Graphics.
Apr 29, 2019, 04:51 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
The famous Callie Graphics the cub looks nice in yellow with the lightning bolt down the side. I haven't worked with iron on film yet, my previous balsa models were stick and dope/tissue, but, I have my eye on a SilenceModels Chocolat'in so I'm going to have to get practicing at some point.
Apr 29, 2019, 06:18 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
The famous Callie Graphics the cub looks nice in yellow with the lightning bolt down the side. I haven't worked with iron on film yet, my previous balsa models were stick and dope/tissue, but, I have my eye on a SilenceModels Chocolat'in so I'm going to have to get practicing at some point.

I love Solite, ( Solarfilm Liight) for micro models. Stevens Aeromodels used to sell it before Solarfilm quit. I've used it on 14 or 15 of their models. It was good stuff for Micros.
Apr 30, 2019, 04:03 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Ive heard of Solite and lightspan and products like Doculam which we use on bigger foamies to protect the wings etc but i have never used them on the smaller models so i will be watching to learn

If you ( or anyone reading ) have links to tools, coverings , other models that you think would be beneficial to someone wanting to start a build or even repair an older model, feel free to add the link and I will put them on the front page with the kits. I dont care what vendor they come from or if they are affiliate it makes no difference to me I am happy to use" your" link to keep the information in one thread.

Added the TY "Hummingbird" to the main page
May 21, 2019, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Added the TY "Hummingbird" to the main page
Readers of this thread should probably be made aware this item is controversial, as it was originally listed on Banggood with all the required electronics, but no-one so far receiving it has received any electronics. There is another thread covering this here.

People became very excited because the item appeared to include a Spektrum-compatible receiver, a 28mAh battery and two actuators, plus a charger. To be frank most people were more interested in those items than the airframe, but now it appears they are not included or even available.
May 23, 2019, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1auriec
Readers of this thread should probably be made aware this item is controversial, as it was originally listed on Banggood with all the required electronics, but no-one so far receiving it has received any electronics. There is another thread covering this here.

People became very excited because the item appeared to include a Spektrum-compatible receiver, a 28mAh battery and two actuators, plus a charger. To be frank most people were more interested in those items than the airframe, but now it appears they are not included or even available.
A blatant scam indeed
Jun 15, 2019, 05:55 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
I agree that is pretty disgusting. If advertised with electronics then all electronics should be included.

Banggood have since amended the product page to reflect that this is a barebones kit with gearbox. Still a petty crappy rick for those customers who already purchased the product.
Jul 07, 2019, 06:15 AM
Just bought the MinimumRC T-34 kit with all electronics through Taobao. Kit is really impressive for the price! Should be completed in the next week or so (sans painting or graphics).
Last edited by tribe; Jul 07, 2019 at 06:21 AM.
Jul 07, 2019, 03:30 PM
I recently completed the MinimumRC T-34. I built it without the landing gear(gear up) and had to add a bit of downthrust, but it flys great. I bought it with the motor, prop, and servos directly from MinimumRC. I am curious what you getting for a receiver. Thanks...

Quick Reply