Apr 23, 2019, 07:32 PM
Thread OP
Question

FlySky FS-I6 PPM input

Has anyone successfully used the PPM pin on the trainer port of the FLySky FS-I6 transmitter as a PPM input that will transmit to the IA6B receiver? In my google searches I have seen some that say it works, and some that say it doesn't. I am planning on building a DIY head tracker with a spare MPU6050 IMU/Accelerometer and an arduino nano. I am thinking of pushing a PPM signal from the nano to the FS-I6.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2019, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
so, going on the assumption that the FS-I6 transmitter will not accept a PPM input, I think I have an idea to make it work with this transmitter. If I were to wire 2 - 3.5mm stereo headphone jacks to the wires for the 2 pots, and use 2 - 5K digital potentiometer chips connected to the arduino and controlled by the MPU6050. Can any anyone think of a reason why that wouldn't work?
May 24, 2019, 09:59 AM
It should work, why not, but why don't you use the made-for-this-specific-task PPM input?
Did you try it?
Jul 05, 2019, 12:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaySleeper
It should work, why not, but why don't you use the made-for-this-specific-task PPM input?
Did you try it?
I am afraid I don't know what you are talking about. Explain the made-for-this-specific-task PPM input...

Quick Reply