This thread is privately moderated by 1000MPH, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 23, 2019, 05:20 PM
Objects in mirror are losing
Thread OP
Discussion

The Gizmo - 36" Blended Wing Plank

Got a couple of pretty special planes this weekend. Been drooling over this plane for 6 long years. Good things come to those who wait.
We were hoping to get them all finished for an international furball but thought a careful build for a record attempt would be more prudent.
These were so hot off the presses that Tim didn't have time to complete his usual cleanup and detailing. That's actually a good thing so I can give them a thorough inspection and gain a little insight on what it takes to make these puppies.
I carefully sanded the flashing off of the fin on one of them today. It's a beautiful fit to the wing.
Decided to use MKS 6125s on a 4 cell AAA pack. I can fit either a Hitec Optima 6 or a Lemon Recr/Gyro. Will go with the Lemon for now.
Here is the Gizmo thread in the Slope section.

Suggested Elevon throws:
Ailerons = low 3mm , med =5mm , high 10mm
Elevator = low 2mm , med= 3mm , high 10mm+ ( for hover landing)
Last edited by 1000MPH; Apr 29, 2019 at 09:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2019, 03:38 PM
Auzzie built planks
Glad you got them ok stu , I was sure burning the midnight oil getting them almost Finnish before Brent canít the plane
Iíve used 6125 a lot of times with enloope AAA no problems , my current gizmo and alexí 304mph ( pink one at Weldon) Run that set up. Even flying all day only use 350 to 400mah. Gizmoís are very good of fuel

Looking forward to you guys having some fun with them

Cheers

Tim
Latest blog entry: More colours
Apr 25, 2019, 03:23 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Tim. They did test well.
Did a dry fit of the 6125 servos and a AAA 4 cell. Needed to remove a bit of foam in the servo pockets but fit looks good. Elevon horn slots were quite easy.
Last edited by 1000MPH; Apr 25, 2019 at 03:31 PM.
Apr 26, 2019, 04:32 PM
Thread OP
I used the new Gorilla Weld. It stinks! Gels quickly and sets in 10 mins. A little thick so it needs to be pushed into the slot. I donít usually do the fillet thing and I didnít on these.
Apr 27, 2019, 09:00 PM
Thread OP
Test fitting servos and prepping the gear. I replaced the stock servo arm screws with hex heads. 4-40 clevises are ground down to clear the hub. Lemon recr was modded to allow one of the antennas to come out the other side of the case. I will use straws to route the antennas on either side of the battery.
I ended up doing a very very small amount of grinding to the bottom corner of the servos for an easier fit when sliding into the wing. Also scuffed up the servo cases for more grip when epoxying into place.
Last edited by 1000MPH; May 03, 2019 at 09:46 AM.
May 29, 2019, 11:14 AM
Obsessed
Looks awesome Stu! Can't wait to see it on the hill!

Quick Reply