Jun 06, 2019, 11:18 AM
Thread OP
ok i think i have an idea of how i'd be attaching it to the tip, i will have a piece "slotted" to slide into the wing tip that piece that is slotted to slide in past the spar aft and fore, will be glued to the inside of the correx wing skin, the outside piece will be the wing extension that is all one piece part of the slotted piece going inside the wing.

I just need to know, can i use flat pieces of say 10 to 15cm correx or does it really have to be air foiled

The horizontal and vertical stab of my plane is flat piece 4mm, i have 3mm correx i could use for the tips.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2019, 03:46 PM
A properly airfoiled tip would be much better. Any flat correx will be too flexible for the job it needs to do in this instance
  1. Make a small rib to match the inner airfoil profile of the tip - about 20mm or 30mm thick. Use balsa or scrap polystyrene
  2. Glue into the tip so that half is inside the wing and half is outside
  3. Make up the wing tip as if it was a normal folded wing - it's just a small, tapered one. I'd use balsa or foam for the spar, since it needs to be tapered to a point at the very tip
  4. Glue onto the protruding part of the foam rib and tape firmly into place.

QED!
Jun 07, 2019, 02:26 AM
Thread OP
Thanks ES,

Easy for you... You can bring anything into life from Coro, including the dead. i on the other hand will have to sit down and try and figure this out a bit haha... plus i don't have foam...(but that's the easy part compared to forming the tip, i will try figure it out thx

Quick Reply