This thread is privately moderated by GRW3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 22, 2019, 11:09 PM
Modeling Retread
Thread OP
Discussion

The Last Sunny Sunday at Somerset

Weíre supposed to have the field until the end of August but I believe the end will come much sooner. Not wishing to take a chance, the club has decided to remove all of our removable assets. We suspect the owners will be very unhappy and terminate our lease immediately. They understand we are going to take our tractors, large and small, but they may not understand weíre taking everything that is not rooted in the ground.

Iíve been a member of the San Antonio Propbusters since January 1984. It was only the third RC club of which I was a member. The others were in Houston, Jetero R/C (still going) and Sheldon R/C (long gone). Iíll stay a member as long as the club goes on, field or no field. I have to have a place to fly, so Iíve joined the Boerne Area Model Society, BAMS. Iíve flown there several times and I have some good friends in that club. Itís a little further to drive but not terrible.

The reason for the last trip to Somerset was to get a flight in with my Sport Cub as close to the anniversary date of when I first started flying it four years ago. Earlier in this blog I discussed how I got back to serious flying. The Sport Cub was my means. It certainly shows its wear and the numerous repairs. Itís been flown at BAMS several times including once when most were not flying because of the winds, a testament to my efforts to get my flying skills back online.
Latest blog entry: Shop - Mess - Shop
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply