Apr 22, 2019, 10:52 PM
Nose down, you're gonna stall
Thread OP
Discussion

Amateur Rado and RC Pilots ???

How many other Amateur Radio Operators do we have in the club ....besides me? I know of at least 2 others but, I'm betting there are more. Reply here if you're a "Ham" and would like to discuss Amateur Radio with other Thunderbird Hams.

Garry
N5GLR
(aka Rowdyjoe)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2019, 04:41 PM

N5KZZ Here

Thanks for starting this thread. I am Walker Brents, N5KZZ, Advanced Class. I started airplane modelling at age 10 in 1939, but did not get my ham ticket until I was past 60. Both are wonderful hobbies and I have had many great experiences with the people involved and the activities in common that we enjoyed.
I was a member of the Fort Worth Radio Control Association before it flew under the present name. I remember well the night that we voted to change the name to Thunderbirds.
It seems now after the final flight of Bob Lutker into the Silent Blue Yonder that I am the only remaining original Thunderbird. However, I am not sure that I am really an actual member now. I did not pay my dues last year.
I am now 90 and very limited in my movement and abilities and cannot be active in either hobby. But boy howdy...... do I have great memories !!

Keep 'Em Flyin'

Walker
Jul 27, 2019, 06:40 PM
Nose down, you're gonna stall
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrents
Thanks for starting this thread. I am Walker Brents, N5KZZ, Advanced Class. I started airplane modelling at age 10 in 1939, but did not get my ham ticket until I was past 60. Both are wonderful hobbies and I have had many great experiences with the people involved and the activities in common that we enjoyed.
I was a member of the Fort Worth Radio Control Association before it flew under the present name. I remember well the night that we voted to change the name to Thunderbirds.
It seems now after the final flight of Bob Lutker into the Silent Blue Yonder that I am the only remaining original Thunderbird. However, I am not sure that I am really an actual member now. I did not pay my dues last year.
I am now 90 and very limited in my movement and abilities and cannot be active in either hobby. But boy howdy...... do I have great memories !!

Keep 'Em Flyin'

Walker
Thanks for posting Walker. Nice to meet you. I would enjoy hearing some of your stories of the original club and it's members. We still have quite a few long time members around but, I'm pretty sure you have seniority over the rest of us. Would love to see you at one of our monthly meetings.

Garry

Quick Reply