Apr 22, 2019, 07:31 AM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
New Product

New WPL C34 Toyota Landcruiser Kit

Hi,
brandnew, probably an opponent for the still not available MN-45 Toyota Landcruiser:

WPL C34 Toyota Landcruiser Kit Metal Edition

WPL C34 Toyota Landcruiser Kit

WPL C34 Toyota Landcruiser RTR

Walter
Last edited by Donaldsneffe; May 22, 2019 at 06:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2019, 06:27 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
So now there are two small "toyish" Toyota Landcruiser available (soon):
The WPL C34 and the MN-45:

Both look very nice... which one to buy?

Walter
May 08, 2019, 05:02 AM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Hello,
finally there is more information and pictures of the WPL C34 Metal-Edition, which is announced to arrive tomorrow (May 9th):

You pay 50 bucks extra, and therefore you get upgrade parts for about 100 $. Seem to be some special, not yet available parts, used this list of all WPL, JJRC, MN etc. upgrades to calculate roughly:

https://www.rockcrawler.de/thread/40...c-mz-fayee-mn/

You get metal axle housings, metal links, metal steering and knuckles, wheel weights, a large plastic gear servo, a 370 gearmotor, but no metal central transmission.
Wheel weights are expensive (cheapest 23 bucks) - but who really uses those and likes them? Hated this type of wheel weights for Orlandoo, because they make the tires extremely hard, prefer to make custom ones out of lead or solder wire.

Very interesting: There seems to be a new type of central transmission, out of plastic (?), but seems to provide much better ground clearance then the metal transmissions we already know:

And even more interesting, the upgrades seem to include real metal universal joints! Those are not yet available, as far, as I know. This "Kardan-Joint" style steering upgrades that are available are a faulty construction and do not work with normal WPL axles.

If I should buy the "metal edition", I probably would buy those only because if those universal joints:

However, the Metal edition seems to be a quite good deal for people, who want to upgrade their normal WPL C34 plastic kit anyway.

Walter
May 10, 2019, 05:07 AM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Well,
seems some customers are preferred and get their goods earlier than "normal people"

Cause there have shown up quite a couple of Youtube videos in the past days about the WPL Landcruiser:

WPL C34KM Toyota FJ40 crawler review (15 min 35 sec)

WPL RC C34KM IN DEPTH REVIEW AT HQ & MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS (14 min 53 sec)

WPL C34KM Toyota FJ40 full metal unboxing and assembly in details (12 min 55 sec)

WPL C34 Full metal PRO kit assembly... (7 min 47 sec)

New WPL SURPRISE, c34 full metal PRO kit...Let's open it together! (5 min 29 sec)

And also a Mini-Review, very detailed, here in the forum:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Crawler-review

Curious, when we "normal people" will get our kits, and much more curious for the reviews of "normal people", because always little cautious with those "sponsored reviews".
However, the review of James Chen is very interesting and seems to be unbiased.

Walter
May 22, 2019, 06:23 AM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
New:

WPL C34 RTR

Walter
May 30, 2019, 06:26 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Unboxing Double Feature:
Toyota Landcruiser WPL C34KM and also MN-45 Kit

Landcruiser WPL C34 and MN-45 Kit: Unboxing Double Feature (45 min 47 sec)
May 31, 2019, 05:49 AM
Very nice unboxing video.
Donaldsneffe could you please measure battery compartment box for C34.
Because i'm wondering which biggest capacity 3S battery should i buy for it and which kind of connector, to be compatible with QuicRun 1060 ESC. https://www.banggood.com/QuicRun-106...r_warehouse=CN
And of course is it place for QuicRun-1060 ESC in the car or is it too big?
Last edited by wellerus; May 31, 2019 at 06:50 AM.
May 31, 2019, 04:25 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellerus
Very nice unboxing video.
Donaldsneffe could you please measure battery compartment box for C34.
Because i'm wondering which biggest capacity 3S battery should i buy for it and which kind of connector, to be compatible with QuicRun 1060 ESC. https://www.banggood.com/QuicRun-106...r_warehouse=CN
And of course is it place for QuicRun-1060 ESC in the car or is it too big?
Hi,
will do Sunday night or Monday (am travelling right now).

I will use the 1060, too. 1080 is even smaller.
Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 comes with Tamiya plugs - but those are very bad. Solder your own plugs!
Quicrun 1080 comes with XT60 plugs or Deans Plugs (guess, Deans are "old version").

I will use XT-30 plugs
with the 1060 ESC. they are sufficient for those small cars (and I like them in my small helicopters, so now use them also in medium cars instead of "JST red Plugs").
But 1080 is difficult with Xt30, because 1080 has very thick wire (have to look after the weekend, guess 12 AWG), too thick for XT30; 1060 ESC has thinner wire which will work with XT-30.

If you want to put ESC and battery in the compartment unter the hood, I guess, this will be far too much - wont work.
But I will respond with exact data Sunday night or Monday.

Walter
May 31, 2019, 04:56 PM
Thank you for quick reply and have a nice journey.
Jun 03, 2019, 06:07 AM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Hi,
measured the compartments… quite difficult and different measurements.
I am quite sure, your battery will not fit.
I will try to find other places for ESC or battery or RX... will see, have to think about this.

Here are the length in Millimeter (about - the compartment is quite flexible)

See pictures with different ESCs in the (battery?) compartment and in the small compartment.

Hobbywing Quicrun 1080 will probably fit into the left compartment.
Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 will probably fit, if you cut the "slider" (?) where you can insert the on/off switch of the ESC on the side.
Hobbyking X-Car 45 A will not fit with case (but removing the case is easy).
Small 10 - 20A ESCs (1, 2, 3) will fit into the right compartment.

Normal receivers (see Flysky 3 and 6-Channel for GT3C) will not fit with case. Will have to remove case (and maybe change to front-pin).

Quite limited space.

I will search for other places for this equipment… maybe only RX and Lightcontroller into this small room unter the hood.

Walter
Jun 04, 2019, 03:14 AM
Thank you very much Donaldsneffe for such detailed measurements.
Yes it's really a little room under the hood, maybe just for a little bigger battery, if you cut a barrier between both compartments, than esc,led controller,receiver go to the back seats or somewhere in a cabin.
Jun 06, 2019, 12:25 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Hi,
15% off coupon:
BG10735
20 off coupon:
BG20C34

WPL C34KM US$ 78.40 or 83.30

Walter
Last edited by Donaldsneffe; Jun 06, 2019 at 01:00 PM.
Jun 09, 2019, 04:36 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
For those, who want a faster motor for their WPL C34KM:

WPL C34KM Landcruiser FJ40 - Build, Mods, Upgrades - Part 1: Motor (11 min 33 sec)

Walter
Jun 09, 2019, 07:27 PM
Me and a guy with a mustache
Very nice, I may have to get one of these. Though I'd get rid of the fake plastic engine insert and 3D print a new compartment to make room for electronics/battery.
Jun 25, 2019, 01:06 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Hi,
the fantastic universal shafts (Klick) with top steering angle and the flat central transmission (Klick) with motor and driveshafts are available as spare parts now!

Probably will have to equip all my models with those fantastic universal shafts…

Walter

Quick Reply