Jun 17, 2019, 12:23 PM
They call me Crash!
Huge pressure for Woodland and he pulled it out! Judah you made a good call on Mr. Personality he made it a contest!
Jun 17, 2019, 12:32 PM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
I enjoyed the late tee time for us East coasters. I was pulling for Woodland.
Jun 17, 2019, 12:48 PM
They call me Crash!
I would love to play a real serious round of golf where there was a lot on the line. We play for skins and greenies but one day I would love to play in a handicapped tournament. Maybe match play.
Jun 17, 2019, 08:48 PM
Eye of The Storm
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000
Huge pressure for Woodland and he pulled it out! Judah you made a good call on Mr. Personality he made it a contest!
Koepke's putter cooled off a bit. He still made some pressure par-saving putts. The announcers said that was the weakest part of his game. Their stats must be on. I don't think I've watched too many tournaments where I came away saying, "Brooks, you got to work on your putting". It seems I'm always saying that about McIlroy.
Jul 18, 2019, 07:57 PM
Eye of The Storm
Thread OP
Any predictions on The Open along the beautiful Irish coast.

Still Koepke for me with a few shots off the pace.

How about Tiger, Rory, or Duval? Ouch Ouch for Duval at 20 over on day on. Even I could score better than that on that course.

Not!
Jul 21, 2019, 07:11 PM
Eye of The Storm
Thread OP
Congrats to Republic of Ireland's Shane Lowry on winning the Claret Jug. The weather, course, or rest of the field couldn't beat him. I think in all the excitement, the ball was left in the cup.
Last edited by JudahBenHur; Jul 22, 2019 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Damn autocorrect nonsense
Jul 22, 2019, 04:39 AM
I didn't see much, but he played magnificently!

And what an awful course!! The greens looked like a roller coaster!
Jul 22, 2019, 06:16 AM
Eye of The Storm
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
I didn't see much, but he played magnificently!

And what an awful course!! The greens looked like a roller coaster!
I didn't see as much as I wanted too because they were playing a little early in the morning over here. Also, it was streamed because I only get over the air channels and NBC isn't one of them. It's always better viewing when watching on a 55" tv than a tablet but it is what it is. Streaming does have the benefit of following the marquee group around from tee to green. The main coverage shows too much putting. I want to see full swings from these guys. I heard mention a few times that they changed the course around a bit on one of the renovations. I can't remember the holes but there were a few that were a little quirky. One of them with letting the group behind hit up because of the ability to drive the green on a par 4. All dependant on the winds I guess. Too me, that wouldn't be possible in a course I designed unless someone got lucky and hit a few sprinkler heads along the way.

Those greens made you pay the price if you didn't hit a spot. That goes for hitting one a little askew off the tee and hacking your way out. I'm sure poor J.B. Holmes is still tossing and turning on what happened Sunday. I'm glad it wasn't me out there because the Irish fans would have been hearing some choice words not fit for bystanders let alone a tv audience.

Anyway, Shane didn't let this one slip away like he did when he had the 54 hole lead at the U.S. Open. I'm sure if he had to pick, this one would be the one because of the raw emotion behind it.

Quick Reply