Jun 25, 2019, 10:09 AM
Fox Four,..Guns, Guns, Guns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
They are exact copies. look at the bottom of your Corsair wing and you can see the lines where they filled in the detachable rockets that use to attach on the Durafly. There are subtle changes made by Arrows that are mostly positive. You found that the spinner on your Mustang is incorrect, but that seems easy to fix.
Filling in the void under the wing where the rockets went was my first mod. I cut out some foam and attached them using the same screws when not using the rockets.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 10:19 AM
Fox Four,..Guns, Guns, Guns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre
Had to order one to find out. And it is 2 5/8", too small. I need 2 7/8" for another model. I thought these were copies of Durafly models? Apparently not as the Durafly P-51 spinner is the correct size while the Arrows one is not.
Does the Arrows spinner fit the Durafly F4U? I purchased a bunch of replacement spare parts and the spinner was one of them. I haven't tried to see if it fit or not.
Jun 27, 2019, 06:17 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
the ArrowRC warbirds...

does anyone happen to know if the 4 bladed props for their P-51, F4U, P-47 and F8F are all the same diameter\pitch?
AHPROP001, AHPROP002, AHPROP004, AHPROP005

I guess the P47 is a 980mm so it might be smaller than the 1100mm birds...

Jun 27, 2019, 06:25 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
is the wing for the ArrowRC F4U a direct replacement for the ol Durafly F4U?

just curious since I only became aware of the ArrowRC brand in the last couple weeks... yeah, I'm the slow one in the bunch

seems I saw somewhere that someone mentioned it was the Durafly F4U thats been discontinued from HK and has been rebranded and possibly upgraded some.... and some say it was originally FMS, then Durafly, now possibly ArrowRC... either way, its a great bird and I'd be really happy to be able to get it back in the air instead of hanging from the garage collecting dust

if so, I'm getting some parts ... love the little guy too much to not fly it again
Jun 27, 2019, 06:41 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
just saw your blog post with the machine gun lights vid ... that is sooo cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
I actually disconnected mine. They interfere with my machine gun lights. The lights blind the machine gun lights out of view. I tried putting them on an electronic switch with my gear, but they went off when they should be on when the gear came down. Still trying to figure it out. That junction box may have to go.
Jun 27, 2019, 07:18 PM
More Nukes, Less Kooks
Thanks Huff. The Durafly/Arrows/FMS birds were all from FMS. They are probably purchased in commissioned lots. Once the contract is done, so is the brand, but FMS still has and probably owns the molds. From the Arrow I have bought the mold marks are identical and so are the most of the components. I can see subtle changes, but for the most part the planes are identical. The propellers are all the same, even the little 980mm are the same as the 1100mm birds so you can order and inter change.
Latest blog entry: HK B-17 landing gear mod
Jun 27, 2019, 07:25 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
excellent, good to know these awesome 1100mm warbirds will live on!
and the props, thanks for that confirmation
Jul 18, 2019, 12:21 PM

Flightline 12x8 prop

I took off the 4 blade prop and tried the 13x6.5 which worked well, but I decided to put a Flightline RC 12x8 on and flew it with a 4s 2200. Now the Corsair will do vertical NO PROBLEM, and the plane flies very scale like at 1/2 throttle. At full throttle it pulls about 48 amps, so I don't give it full for very long (about 10 seconds). I have also converted the plane to a hand launch and belly lander, because the field I fly at is very thick and usually wet grass, which is not going to let the landing gear work at all. This has become my new favorite plane.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...12x8-propeller

Terry
Jul 22, 2019, 02:16 PM
Does anyone know the dimensions of the stock 4-blade prop?
Jul 22, 2019, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze0021
Does anyone know the dimensions of the stock 4-blade prop?
10.5x8
Aug 19, 2019, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyman
10.5x8
Thank you!
Aug 19, 2019, 01:50 AM

Arrows RC F4U-4 Corsair 1100mm PNP Warbird Flight

This is a Demo Flight of my Arrows RC F4U-4 Corsair 1100mm Warbird.

Arrows RC F4U-4 Corsair 1100mm PNP Warbird Flight (5 min 41 sec)

All of the internals are stock. Powered by an Admiral 3S 2600mAh 30C lipo, the weight of this 3-cell battery (211 grams) with an additional 28 grams of ballast affixed to the underside of the removable battery tray was enough to meet the manual's recommended 60mm CG. Flown with a Spektrum DX8 G2 Transmitter and using a Lemon RX "LM033" DSMX 7-Channel Stabilizer / Receiver.

My RC friend Brad had shown up to the airfield to view my Arrows RC F4U-4 Corsair in action. What I didn't realize until halfway through my flight was that he had also decided to record my flight as well. Brad had been looking for an F4U Corsair in the 1100-1200mm wingspan range to replace his aging Parkzone Corsair. I had suggested this model in particular. With excellent stock 3S performance, quality materials, manufacturing, as well as having flaps, retracts, and lights right out of the box, the Arrows RC F4U-4 Corsair is a great value and hard to pass up for $169. I also felt right at home piloting this one - just a very solid warbird with no bad habits, and a real sweetheart to fly.

Brad ended up buying one.

Brad, thanks by the way for getting my flight footage. Even with just an old iPhone 6, you still managed to capture one of the best warbird flights I've ever completed -- and what's surprising is you typically don't even record flight video. You definitely have some camera skills. Thanks again!

TRANSMITTER, RECEIVER, & SETUP:

Transmitter: Spektrum DX8 (G2)
Gain Settings: Aileron - 9:30 O'Clock, Rudder – 9:30 O'Clock, Elevator - 10 O'Clock
High Rates: 100-Aileron / 25% Expo, 100-Elevator / 25% Expo, 100-Rudder, 0% Expo
Low Rates: 70-Aileron / 20% Expo, 70-Elevator / 20% Expo, 70-Rudder, 0% Expo
Control Rod Placement: Ailerons - Middle Hole, Elevator - Outer Hole, Rudder - Outer Hole, Flaps – Outer Hole
Flap System: Mid - 65% with 3% Up Elevator / Full - 95% with 6% Up Elevator
Flap Delay: 2.0 Seconds
Center of Gravity: 60mm
Battery: Admiral 3S 2600mAh 30C
Throttle Timer: 4 Minutes
Lipo Final Voltage: 11.48 Volts out of 12.60 Volts (41%)

Camera: iPhone 6
Camerawork: Brad
Music: With Ether - "Sol Squadron" Ace Combat 7 - Acoustic Guitar Duo Cover

Thanks for watching!
Aug 19, 2019, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldflying
I think you mean down elevator mix for flaps.
I put full span scale flaps when I had the Roc Hobby version which is basically the same plane
Use a 4s pack so you don't have to use dead weight
No I meant what I said when I stated Up Elevator.

Whenever I deploy the flaps, the Corsair tends to have a nose down attitude.

Adding just a few degrees of Up Elevator and it counteracts the nose down flight attitude when the flaps are deployed.

And yes 4S. If you watched the video towards the end you would have seen the part where I did state that for future modifications I'll be converting to 4S which will negate the ballast that I added.
Aug 19, 2019, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Your cg must effect the up in the elevator, I always had to put down trim when I put the flaps down . My warbirds are slighty nose heavy when I fly them
That is most likely the case. I have a preference to have my CG very neutral.

I've known a few of these warbirds to exhibit the nose droop / tail lifted in flight characteristics and adding a few degrees of Up Trim Mix on the Flaps helps level them out when the Flaps are deployed. A few of these I know in particular are:

Eflite P-51D Mustang 1100mm Dallas Doll
FMS / RocHobby P-51 Strega
Aug 20, 2019, 01:03 AM
Quote:
I had the Eflite 1200mm Corsair and didn't need any elevator to flap mix. I tend not to use the mix . the trick is to slow the flaps down and slow the plane down and you won't get the bollooning
Does your Arrows Corsair need any mixing? Mine does even with slow deployment of the flaps at low speed. Without a bit of down it’ll pitch up.

Quick Reply