Apr 20, 2019, 02:10 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Thread OP
Discussion

Arrows Hobby 1100mm F4U-4 Corsair

The next Arrows Hobby Warbird is a Corsair. Love the lights. I love the paint scheme. I have done the same scheme on a Dynam and Airfield F4U.

It's definitely the old Durafly version with a new paint scheme. Hopefully, we will see some of the other discontinued Durafly birds. I would love to see the return of the SE5.

They posted spec now...

"We are proud to announce a faithful recreation of the F4U-4 in 1100mm wingspan form- complete with a realistic 4-bladed propeller, removable auxiliary fuel tanks, tail-hook, functional flaps, retractable landing gear and LED light kit. Power comes from a 3536-850 KV motor with a 40A ESC, giving swift ample power when needed. "

Features:
Dependable and proven power system
Realistic scale details
High-strength airframe
Easy assembly
Environmentally friendly water-based paint
Includes:
F4U-4
3536 850kV outrunner brushless motor (installed)
40A ESC installed (XT60 Connector)
Electronic retractable landing gear (installed)
Servos (installed)
Requires:
6-Channel radio transmitter
6-Channel receiver
3-Cell 11.1V 2200mAh LiPo battery with XT60 connector
3-Cell compatible battery charger

https://www.arrowsrc.com/arrows_rc_planes/AH008P.html
Last edited by karltrek; Apr 20, 2019 at 05:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2019, 02:22 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Thread OP
Here are photos of both my Dynam and Airfield Corsairs in that same scheme. Did they copy me? LOL!
Apr 20, 2019, 03:22 PM
Head NEAT geek
if it's truly the old durafly/FMS it's a no grasser! Stuart and I talked about putting the 100deg retracts from the Durafly P-40 in a revamp of this to make it usable on grass. ah... such as life.. recycle, not improve,

Tom
Apr 20, 2019, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
if it's truly the old durafly/FMS it's a no grasser! Stuart and I talked about putting the 100deg retracts from the Durafly P-40 in a revamp of this to make it usable on grass. ah... such as life.. recycle, not improve,

Tom
Depending on what kind of thicket one flies off, mine always seemed to handle it pretty good for a small model. I carved out the wheel wells and installed the wheels from the old PZ F4U. It looks better and performs better on grass.

Glad to see this one back!
Apr 20, 2019, 05:42 PM
Looks Great!
Apr 20, 2019, 09:41 PM
Does anyone know is Arrow will have spare parts for this?
Apr 21, 2019, 04:06 AM
Belly landable?

Now they just need sensible prices in Europe. Like at least a third less....

Edit - Just checked to see if I remembered correctly. Yep - €230.... Completely retarded.
Apr 21, 2019, 09:33 AM
It is easily belly landable, I had to do this quite often with my Durafly one. Launching can be a bit more of a challenge because of the Corsairs particular design. If you belly land only I’d suggest to tape the gull wings as many do for protection.

But yes, the price here in Europe is just too high, it’s a shame...
Apr 21, 2019, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rare bird
It is easily belly landable, I had to do this quite often with my Durafly one. Launching can be a bit more of a challenge because of the Corsairs particular design. If you belly land only I’d suggest to tape the gull wings as many do for protection.

But yes, the price here in Europe is just too high, it’s a shame...
Might want to put a skid in front of the aileron and flap servo arms to keep from stripping them. I had that happen with another corsair years ago.
Apr 21, 2019, 02:47 PM
Parkstormer!
This will be a tough call for me—looks great and I prefer the 1.1M planes, but I’m still flying the 1.2M E-Flite Corsair.
Apr 22, 2019, 11:22 AM
Der Schaum-Kriegsvogel Pilot
Just preordered it. If the finish is as nice as my Arrows P-51, it should be a very nice plane. I really like the nav and lancing lights, pretty cool! I only have one Corsair, and old FMS 800, so it was time to add another to the hangar. Don't know if I like that white nose, but it's nothing I can't easily paint over...
Apr 22, 2019, 05:53 PM
Avionics tech
I wish I had known this was coming. Just started flying the 1270mm Dynam. But this is a preferred size and has flaps and landing lights!
Apr 22, 2019, 09:59 PM
You would think that some effort could have been made to make the flaps to scale or remove in total. They seem to have only gone half way
Apr 23, 2019, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorted
You would think that some effort could have been made to make the flaps to scale or remove in total. They seem to have only gone half way
Half-way seems to be an acceptable way to get to the low price arena
Apr 23, 2019, 06:49 AM
"Low price"...

€230 over here. Preposterous...

Quick Reply