This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 20, 2019, 10:32 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

R349 // #sub250gAUW // 3inc // CrossFire // Unify

Sommer is here and I got some new stuff including a second CrossFire TX (the micro one this time) to play with and when I heard how awesome the new Diatone 3inc PNP R349 is, I had to snag one for myself

Like always I wasn't happy with going the easy rout... I had to add CrossFire and a nice vTx antenna (I did not go for the Unify version for no reason ) and change to #ReversedPropDirection before going for maiden.

Diatone 2019 GT R349 TBS VTX Edition

video antenna:
Realacc UXII Stubby RHCP U.FL

radio control receiver & antenna:
CrossFire Nano Rx SE

Unboxing:
Unboxing // R349 Diatone // 3inc Racing Drone // Unify // CrossFire (added) (5 min 12 sec)

the Rx6 and Tx6 pads which I used for the crossfire nano Rx (CRSF) are located next to the cap, was able to solder those wires to that spot without disassembling the quad

the ufl connector got ripped off while I tried to remove the original antenna... can't say I was careful so I won't blame tbs/banggood... soldered a new one on there... it might not be as pretty as it used to be but it's working yeah The Crossfire Nano Rx is stuffed in there as well and it's ufl is being held in place by the supplied heatshrink

Jumper T12 with the CrossFire Micro Tx JR Module (Full Speed CRSF Telemetry! )

FPV Maiden:
DVR // R349 FPV Maiden // CrossFire // #sub250gAUW (3 min 40 sec)

Landing:

I am still going to change the TX30 to a XT60, not that I think the max 70A it drew would be bad for a TX30, but I just like to keep it easy and thats why I use TX60 on most my stuff...

So far I love it!

Setup Changes in BetaF:
Changed Prop Direction to #ReversedPropDirection

CRSF is using Tx6 and Rx6

Changed the protocol to CRSF and enabled telemetry

And changed the channel mapping to the right preset (who is actually using the other ones nowadays?!?)

All I had left to do now was to change all motor directions in BLHeli Suite (not sure why it's only showing 1 ESC now... used to show all 4) and I just switched the direction for every esc to the opposite of what it was

I am super happy with it and its quite some fun!

4K60 // R349 // F03 // Launch (0 min 25 sec)

...Long Range attempt to come
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; Apr 21, 2019 at 05:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2019, 05:26 PM
Thread OP
- Place Holder For More Pics And Videos -
Jun 01, 2019, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
Melted an angled hole into the top so the video antenna would get a better angle/position.

Quick Reply