Apr 20, 2019, 04:30 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Unknown airplane

Hello guys, does anybody knows name of this plane (on pics)
is this scratch build or kit build I dont know ,but I know it comes from 80s
the fuselage is all wood-balsa,wings foam/balsa sandwich , for power is O.S. Max 46
I got it as a gift last weekend and it flies really nice !!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2019, 07:15 AM
Don't know what it is but hearing of a 30+ year old airplane flying again makes my day. Wonderful.
Apr 20, 2019, 08:06 AM
DavidsPlanes
It looks a bit like a Phil Kraft design. I would say more of a 70ís design than 80ís.

David
Apr 20, 2019, 01:10 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemen P
Hello guys, does anybody knows name of this plane (on pics)
is this scratch build or kit build I dont know ,but I know it comes from 80s
the fuselage is all wood-balsa,wings foam/balsa sandwich , for power is O.S. Max 46
I got it as a gift last weekend and it flies really nice !!
The vertical fin looks like from a Lanier kit. The wing is either Asian or Italian. The fuselage definitely looks European. Sorry to David but the design does not look anywhere near a Phil Kraft design. I am guessing something from an obscure kit maker in Italy from the old days but not too old. There were no dot com back in the 70's. Granted the decal may have been added later.

Don't worry about the name, just enjoy flying it.
Apr 20, 2019, 03:40 PM
DavidsPlanes
Grapak seems to be a Slovenian machinery company. Tractors and the like.

The plane design and moments just struck me as fairly vintage. But, yes, perhaps not close to a PK design but of that era - at least in concept!

David
Apr 20, 2019, 11:09 PM
I believe its a Czech design; I'm quite sure (85%) I saw this (or something pretty close to it) in an old stack of old Modelar magazines I used to have. Yep, past tense... wifey #1 (and as of yet the only ex-wifey) threw them away. Trying to remember the name. If I do, I"ll post. Anyway... it has some charm... enjoy it
Apr 22, 2019, 10:06 AM
this is a Home brew hinez 57 made with a Super Lucky Fly wing grafted into some fuse with a lanier rudder and fin.
Apr 22, 2019, 12:07 PM
It does appear to be a kit-bash design. With that thick cord, it should have good slow flying qualities. We used to take Ugly Sticks then invert them to make a low winger. We also converted to conventional gear in the wing and did away with the nose gear. Next thing we knew, Midwest began producing the Sweet & Low Stick!

Larry
Apr 22, 2019, 01:06 PM
Thread OP
Hello guys!
Yes this sticker "GRAPAK" I added before 1st fly for better visible
Airplane must be really old because the whole coloring film was still not there at the time ,only oil paint.
And it is not so heavy.... I fly with o.s 46 on maximum half of throttle
Looks the airfoil profile is very nice,because flies like a dream and dont have it stall speed at landing..this is really slow on landing and could fast in the air
I am so happy with him and really enjoying flying
Apr 22, 2019, 01:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxilia
Grapak seems to be a Slovenian machinery company. Tractors and the like.

The plane design and moments just struck me as fairly vintage. But, yes, perhaps not close to a PK design but of that era - at least in concept!

David
That's right! I come from Slovenia and I put these stickers up before the first flight.

And because I do not know the name of the plane I baptized him for Agro Trainer on the basis of these labels
Apr 23, 2019, 09:09 AM
Sokol
are you in contact with Robert Petrinčič ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3R...ZnZs-190h_ovyA
Apr 24, 2019, 10:58 AM
Thread OP
No......
Last edited by Klemen P; Apr 29, 2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quick Reply