This thread is privately moderated by nagas, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 19, 2019, 10:29 AM
My name is Naga
Thread OP
Discussion

Phoenix User Built Models: Star Wars Speeders

One of the first RC models I built was my Star Wars Imperial Speeder as seen in The Empire Stikes Back during the speeder chase on Endor. It was based on a Hasbro model that I fitted quad parts to. It just flies great and gets so much attention.

Once I started making models for Phoenix it was obvious that I need one of these too.

Having finished the Imperial Scout version I then needed a protagonist too so I made the Luke Skywalker version. OK, his body is really that of Anakin Skywalker but still looks the part.

Then of course, I needed both of them together with Luke chasing the Scout Trooper, Light Sabre drawn and ready for action! Luke is not messing around this time! No matter how the Trooper twists and turns, Luke is always right on his tail and tries to cut him off but no avail. That is controlled by the rudder.

On the individual models, Luke and the Imperial Scout also respond to the controls. Heads turn, arms either work the control panel or wave. The legs are articulated and depress the pedals which control the rear engine flaps.

The control panel was constructed as a separate item in Blender and is then applied as a texture to reduce rendering overheads. Well, I had to do something to live upto my new nickname: Dr Detail! (Thanks for that Armin)

Derived from SketchUp models as follows: Star Wars Speeder by ap-alexander, Imperial Trooper by abdyla, Skywalker by Carl U. and Brian W.

Each are available to download here.
Last edited by nagas; Jun 11, 2019 at 05:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply