Jun 26, 2019, 11:42 AM
Hi Dominic,

when will you or the betaflight devs add an official target for the SPRACINGH7EXTREME? Up to now there is no target, only the one you provide with the flight controller.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2019, 02:18 AM
Devs are working on it.

Lots of open pull requests regarding H7.

If you want faster adoption, get involved, it's open source.
Jun 28, 2019, 06:38 AM

SmartAudio

I like how the XM module fits neatly on the stacking VTX Board but now I have TBS Unify I want try smart audio but this would be on UART4 and the RX is already using UART4. Is there another way? I noticed there’s another set of pin holes marked T4, R4, 5V and -, can these the used for serial RX perhaps?
Jul 08, 2019, 05:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyriesRide
I like how the XM module fits neatly on the stacking VTX Board but now I have TBS Unify I want try smart audio but this would be on UART4 and the RX is already using UART4. Is there another way? I noticed there’s another set of pin holes marked T4, R4, 5V and -, can these the used for serial RX perhaps?
hiya, ignore the uart numbers on the stacking vtx board itself. those numbers correlate to how the pads on the VTX board are connected to an F7 DUAL.

On the SPRacingH7EXTREME the mapping is as follows:

FC UART 8 -> Stacking VTX UART4 - configure UART8 for SmartAudio and connect the TBS Unify to the pads for it. Leave the large 2.54mm pitch UART4 pads un-conected.
FC UART 4 -> Stacking VTX UART1 - configure UART4 for RX and use the UART1 pads for the XM

OK?

I will add this to the manual.
Jul 08, 2019, 06:43 AM
Thanks perfect thank you, nice one
Jul 09, 2019, 07:50 AM
is the current scale right? i'm getting a lot more then 1500mah out of a 1500mah pack.
I'm used to not having to change the scale in AIO boards, so does anyone know what the right scale is?
Jul 10, 2019, 03:56 PM
dam man and I just bought a Luminier LUX F7......i wish i had known about this baby
Jul 10, 2019, 05:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanO-FPV
is the current scale right? i'm getting a lot more then 1500mah out of a 1500mah pack.
I'm used to not having to change the scale in AIO boards, so does anyone know what the right scale is?
It's different for each board, there's some videos on youtube which detail the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiosk
dam man and I just bought a Luminier LUX F7......i wish i had known about this baby
Well just add it to your wishlist, there's always another build to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyriesRide
Thanks perfect thank you, nice one
no worries, happy to help.
Jul 10, 2019, 06:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanO-FPV
I'm trying to enable rpm filtering, but it seems it's not working.
The cli doesn't recognize the "set dshot_bidir" command
Yes, watch out for an update for this in the near future. STMicros delayed the release, for months, of the HAL libs with LL driver support that we need. I tested the latest HAL 1.4 library code on the SPRacingH7EXTREME a couple of days ago.

https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/pull/8546

Once that is merged Joe Lucid, the author of the bi-direction dshot code, can work on it. I sent him an SPRacingH7EXTREME for testing/development a while ago too.
Jul 12, 2019, 01:11 PM
Advanced RC Dummy
Quick Question. My H7 Extreme came pre-loaded with BF 4.0.0 SP Racing ExtremeH7 (SP7E). As I read through the manual there is a statement that new firmware is a must and it is recommending to follow the SD Method with SPRacingH7Extreme.EXST. Is this necessary? the manual is confusing in regard to this portion of it.
Jul 12, 2019, 01:13 PM
Advanced RC Dummy
Also, is there a recommended Target for RPM Filtering? I cannot find a command that enables BIDIR

Update July 14th - 4.1.0 Nightly is available, I am trying not to disregard statements in the manual but could really use a bit of advice, I would like to take advantage of RPM Filtering on this quad. A response would be nice, is anyone using the nightly builds with good result?
Last edited by Crash Override82; Jul 14, 2019 at 04:37 PM.
Jul 15, 2019, 04:12 PM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
STM32H750VBT6 Program Memory Size = 128K Flash. Flash size seems kinda low. Where is Betaflight firmware going?
Last edited by kc10kevin; Jul 15, 2019 at 04:46 PM.
Jul 15, 2019, 05:22 PM
Advanced RC Dummy
Good luck getting a response. Out of 40 builds I've never bought an FC that was released prematurely. Guess I read the advertisement and just assumed the product was as stated and ready to go. 🙅🏻. To top it off dev takes forever to respond if at all. Several attempts to join cleanflight group on Facebook, still pending and comments/questions here that don't get a response. The board has a great layout and is bleeding edge but the support is lacking big time. Next attempt is slack, I don't even know if there is an active slack group. Frustrating. Dominic seems like a very cool dude but my opinion of SP Racing products is swaying between negative and positive, more towards the negative. Pretty sure you need to update via Micro SDHC per the manual off of SPRacing's website but then again there are a few contradictions in the manual that confuse a guy on the right process.
Jul 16, 2019, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10kevin
STM32H750VBT6 Program Memory Size = 128K Flash. Flash size seems kinda low. Where is Betaflight firmware going?
128K Flash = 16Megabyte.

F4 and F7 come with 1 Megabyte flash.
Jul 16, 2019, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10kevin
When I understand everything correctly, the firmware is not stored in the flash of the CPU but instead in external flash.

The special bootloader in the "local" flash loads either the firmware from the external flash or the SD card and SD-card is preferred.

The manual says on page 12:

Quote:
SPRacingH7EXTREME http://seriouslypro.com - http://betaflight.com Page 12 Bootloader The SP Racing H7 EXTREME is unlike any other Cleanflight/Betaflight FC before it as the Betaflight/Cleanflight software is NOT stored on the CPU itself, instead the software is stored on the external flash or SD card and load-ed into the CPU’s RAM when the FC is powered on

Quick Reply