Oct 11, 2019, 06:28 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
The miracle spinner is pretty nice looking (see attached). I just need to get a plane to put mine on

Bhodi - definitely go with the larger spinners you posted. The one that this plane comes with is too small to be anywhere near scale.

Kman
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2019, 06:33 PM
Full scale or 1/8 scale
Wel I love the 3 blade prop, It's what I wanted to to do via Saito 33r.
Shame, the spinner is so close. Do you guys think the cowl is a little big?
Going to LHS for mini servo for L.G
Oct 12, 2019, 03:41 AM
Proper spinner size
Oct 12, 2019, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
The miracle spinner is pretty nice looking (see attached). I just need to get a plane to put mine on

Bhodi - definitely go with the larger spinners you posted. The one that this plane comes with is too small to be anywhere near scale.

Kman
Im thinking I will get one of these. The 4" one I have would need to be cut down a little to look right. I think the 3" is going to look better and it will be good to go out of the box so less to mess with.
Oct 13, 2019, 09:27 PM
Got mine!

Awesome size and well built.

My issues so far are:
-coving is peeling up in quite a few spots
-horizontal stab is flat and NEEDS to be reinforced
-leading edge wing ins are plastic....mine pulled out with ease......replace with wood dowel.

Pilot is ugly but you can pull from inside I think.

Other than that itís a good addition to all the American birds out there
Oct 13, 2019, 09:34 PM
More
Oct 13, 2019, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetflyer
Got mine!

Awesome size and well built.

My issues so far are:
-coving is peeling up in quite a few spots
-horizontal stab is flat and NEEDS to be reinforced
-leading edge wing ins are plastic....mine pulled out with ease......replace with wood dowel.

Pilot is ugly but you can pull from inside I think.

Other than that itís a good addition to all the American birds out there
I have a fair amount of loose covering at the seams as well. Especially the leading edge of the vertical stab. That mess of a pilot is actually glued to the instrument panel. Pretty sure an exacto will be needed to carefully cutout from the bottom. When you say the horizontal needs to be reinforced what are you thinking? Seems ok to me.
Oct 13, 2019, 09:50 PM
Wow, that does not look the best....Are you going to fix or return?
Oct 13, 2019, 10:32 PM
That's pretty Bad, I'd return it....

and those printed on trim tabs , would of been better if they left them out.
Last edited by Terminater; Oct 13, 2019 at 10:37 PM.
Oct 13, 2019, 10:35 PM
I’m guessing they are all like that. Literally will take 5 mins with a covering iron to fix. As for the wing pins always a good idea to check and install new ones. Super easy to do.
Oct 13, 2019, 10:37 PM
Is it shrink or stick on covering?
Oct 13, 2019, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ehab
Is it shrink or stick on covering?
Shrink
Oct 13, 2019, 11:32 PM
Hmm, intersting they can print on shrinkable covering. I wonder if it can take the same heat as Oracover, which many Phoenix models are covered with. It Does say "hi heat"
Let's know how it goes. Good luck with these minor repairs.
Oct 14, 2019, 12:33 AM
Full scale or 1/8 scale
I checked out the Skyshark FW 190 plan to look at the tail.
This plane is 60.9"so if I had the plan enlarged to 68" via Kinkos,,,,again,,,,maybe I can make
the elevator.
I would need H.D paint match and airbrush. Ugh..
I've done rivets and panel lines with a fine sharpie then put on a Flat clear coat.
dam
And I can't find an alternate spinner. I'm trying
Oct 14, 2019, 06:44 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I know you guys are not complaining and we are all RC closest builders , but the covering would P me off !
Its a new model, and sun will certainly take its turn on the covering as well as fuel, so lose ends and seams are problems waiting to happen on a new model.
If we were selling these on our own in the Classified and ship them to a fellow RCG member, we would surely get complaints !
Again I know it all can be fixed, but on ARFs , I usually expect to fix /reinforce firewalls, retract bays, even wing pins, but come on Horizon/Phoenix get the covering right !!!!

Quick Reply