Thread Tools
Jul 01, 2019, 02:53 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss
Might be one they found in a back warehouse. That plane hasn't been made for over 6 years last i knew
For the last few years Kyosho has been "rebadging" Phoenix Model planes just like they do in the auto industry. They change the coverings and maybe a few other details but for each of their models on their website you can find the exact same Phoenix Model plane on their website. Unfortunately, they also have a Kyosho price tag attached to them

https://rc.kyosho.com/en/rcplane.html

Kman
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2019, 05:05 PM
Registered User
Katniss's Avatar
Yeah...ripmax did that years ago.
Kyosho had a few fiberglass fuse planes 15+ years ago, then stopped producing them and offered several balsa planes. Possibly they were built for them, but this was still 12+ years ago. I had the 50 size fw190, 50 size spitfire(traded it to a friend) and 90 size spitfire.

Graupner and blackhorse have been in the same position also.

I'm glad to see kyosho offering 3 of the 50 size again. Fun to fly, not much investment.
I do want the 68" phoenix fw190 for that reason.
Jul 01, 2019, 09:18 PM
Registered User
Terminater's Avatar
I want Kyosho or Phoenix / Blackhorse to redo the Ta152
Jul 02, 2019, 10:33 AM
No fuse too fat
slopeiron's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
For the last few years Kyosho has been "rebadging" Phoenix Model planes just like they do in the auto industry. They change the coverings and maybe a few other details but for each of their models on their website you can find the exact same Phoenix Model plane on their website.
They are two different planes. They look identical and may even be made by the same company, but the Phoenix plane is about 68" wingspan, whereas the Kyosho is much smaller at 55" wingspan.

http://phoenixmodel.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=651

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/11873B-...F_p_25272.html
Jul 02, 2019, 10:45 AM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeiron
They are two different planes. They look identical and may even be made by the same company, but the Phoenix plane is about 68" wingspan, whereas the Kyosho is much smaller at 55" wingspan.

http://phoenixmodel.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=651

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/11873B-...F_p_25272.html
Yes, the Kyosho version is the smaller Phoenix version...

http://phoenixmodel.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=643

Kman
Jul 02, 2019, 01:35 PM
Registered User
Katniss's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
Yes, the Kyosho version is the smaller Phoenix version...

http://phoenixmodel.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=643

Kman
Actually....you appear to be wrong. The smaller Phoenix version has a plastic covered gun hood with bulges.
The kyosho plane is all printed covered. There are other differences too. They might be manufactured by the same "Vietnamese" factory or they may be independent ventures....but they are not the same(not even talking paint scheme either).
Both 55" ish planes are not identical
Jul 02, 2019, 01:54 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss
Actually....you appear to be wrong. The smaller Phoenix version has a plastic covered gun hood with bulges.
The kyosho plane is all printed covered. There are other differences too. They might be manufactured by the same "Vietnamese" factory or they may be independent ventures....but they are not the same(not even talking paint scheme either).
Both 55" ish planes are not identical
The basic airframe is the same. I realize there are there obvious differences that you pointed out, but the airframe, landing gear, cowl, and basic hardware is the same. It is obvious that Phoenix Model is making this plane based on these observations. I am sure that Kyosho is specifying the printed covering and other features that they wanted on their version.

It is even more obvious with some of the other models that they share like the Zero. Look at both of them and other the covering (and a few other minor detials) they are same plane

https://rc.kyosho.com/en/rcplane/11874.html

http://phoenixmodel.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=646

Kman
Jul 02, 2019, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Katniss's Avatar
Not going to waste more space on this thread "debating" about this. I don't believe your idea of "obvious" matches.
But it doesn't matter either way.

I'd buy the kyosho 50 size spitfire( not listed on kyosho's USA website), but don't care for the looks of the Phoenix one. I'd buy the 68" Phoenix fw190, though the smaller one looks really cartoonish to me.

Let's just drop this back n forth so we're not cluttering up the thread.
Jul 02, 2019, 06:05 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
Sounds good to me

Kman
Jul 05, 2019, 02:29 PM
No fuse too fat
slopeiron's Avatar
Just preordered this plane. Hopefully it won't take six months to come in.
Jul 09, 2019, 02:17 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeiron
Just preordered this plane. Hopefully it won't take six months to come in.
Late August/Early October I what most of the backorder and preorder Phoenix planes says right now. Although that has been known to change from past observation.

Kman


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New phoenix 20cc Corsair fille_swe Fuel Warbirds 185 Today 06:51 AM
Discussion New Phoenix P-47 (15-20cc) squigintx Fuel Warbirds 7 Jul 11, 2019 03:41 PM
Discussion New Blackhorse Model 2.6m Fw190 Terminater Electric Warbirds 15 Apr 04, 2019 09:36 PM
Build Log Phoenix Model F4U Corsair 1.20/20cc squigintx Fuel Warbirds 1 Jun 16, 2018 09:54 PM
Discussion Phoenix Model Yak 54 Mk2 1.20/20cc Newbie1980 Fuel Plane Talk 4 Oct 13, 2016 12:15 PM