This thread is privately moderated by Unegawahya, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 17, 2019, 11:22 PM
Unegawahya
Thread OP
Build Log

New project! U.S.S. Constitution

I know itís not going to be an R/C, but itís going to be a blast to build! First set of pictures of my 1/76 scale U.S.S. Constitution project.
Iím modifying the original kit so that it can include a full rigged ďif I canĒ gun deck.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2019, 10:47 AM
Looks great Unegawahwa
I built the model shipways Rattlesnake and it was a great project. I Know what it takes to build one of these ships and as sure youíre aware patience is key. Please keep posting this one is on my build list
Respectfully John
Apr 29, 2019, 11:30 PM
Unegawahya
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgg12002
Looks great Unegawahwa
I built the model shipways Rattlesnake and it was a great project. I Know what it takes to build one of these ships and as sure youíre aware patience is key. Please keep posting this one is on my build list
Respectfully John
Thanks the USS Constitution is my second Model Shipways the Iíll of worked on my first was there 17th Century longboat and it me 3rd overall wood model ship Iíve done. My first was a cross section of the mid ships of the Constitution.
Apr 29, 2019, 11:35 PM
Unegawahya
Thread OP

Hull planking and gun ports

The the port and starboard gun ports, and interior hull planking is complete! The exterior port hull planking is also complete from the bottom of the spar deck to the bearding line! Iíve also made the outlines for the main gun carriages.
May 05, 2019, 07:34 AM
Looks great
Youíve been busy and thatís going to be a lot of cannons. looking forward to seeing it unfold. Iíve been workin on the Charles W Morgan on and off and this makes me want to get going again. Time to do it is tough at the present.
John
May 05, 2019, 02:21 PM
Unegawahya
Thread OP

I think the gun deck is going to take a long time

Thanks John this ship and type of construction has been a dream of mine for a very long time. I just thrilled to have such a loving wife and in-laws. They where the one that got this kit for me for my 34th birthday.

Since, the last time that I posted Iíve got all the laters from the gun deck to the birthing deck complete and Iíve started working on all the bow details. The letters where really easy to construct, just not so easy to get out of my latter jig! The galley and two of the four chain bits are finished. I just need to get the other two done and all the rest of the bow detailing, then Iíll start moving aft withe more of the details.
Aug 01, 2019, 10:16 PM
Unegawahya
Thread OP
After taking a break for a wile, Iíve started working on my Constitution again! The galley stove and chain cleats are complete. The galley stove and all 30 of the main guns are 3D printed part from Model Monkey. Iíve also started working on the cabin bulkheads.
Aug 09, 2019, 02:41 PM
Unegawahya
Thread OP
More work on the structure for the stern cabins!
Sep 18, 2019, 08:00 PM
Unegawahya
Thread OP
Iíve been working on her of and on but now the cabin interior is done and the port spar deck gun ports are framed!
Nov 12, 2019, 11:29 AM
Unegawahya
Thread OP
Itís been a wile. Mostly Iíve been forgetting to do updates. Now all the hull planking for the exterior is complete!

Quick Reply