Apr 17, 2019, 11:11 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

iFlight TurboBee 120RS 2-4s Micro FPV Racing RC Drone SucceX Micro F4 12A 200mW Turbo

https://www.banggood.com/IFlight-TurboBee-120RS-2-4s-Micro-FPV-Racing-RC-Drone-SucceX-Micro-F4-12A-200mW-Turbo-Eos2-PNP-BNF-p-1455224.html

iFlight TurboBee 120RS 2-4s Micro FPV Racing RC Drone SucceX Micro F4 12A 200mW Turbo Eos2 PNP BNF

Specification:
This TurboBee 120RS is designed and born for micro FPV racing.

TurboBee 120RS Frame Specs:
Wheelbase: 121mm
Bottom plate thickness: 2.5mTop plate thickness: 2mm
Arm width: 4mm
Electronic equipment installation height : 22mm (aluminum column height 22mm)
Flight control hole distance: 16mm
Weight: Around 12.2g
Support motor: 11xx
Support propeller: maximum of 2.5 inches, 66MM propeller

SucceX Micro flytower Specs:
SucceX F4 Flight Controller:
-STM32F411
-Input voltage 2-4S LIPO
-Gyro: MPU6000
-2x UART ports
-4x motor outputs
-OSD inbuilt
-No Blackbox FLASH
-BEC 5V 2A Cont.
-Size: 21mm*21mm
-Mounting holes: 16*16
-Weight: 2.5g
-BF target: MATEKF411

SucceX Micro 12A Brushless ESC:
-Firmware: BlheliS
-Input voltage : 2-4S LIPO
-Continuous current: 12A
-MCU: BB21F16G
-BEC: None
-ESC protocol: PWM, oneshot125, multishot, dshot150, 300, 600, etc.
-Size: 23mm*21mm
-Mounting hole 16*16mm
-Weight: 2.7g

SucceX Micro VTX:
-Power: PIT/25/100/200mW
-Antenna interface: IPEX (UFL)
-Telemetry: IRC Tramp
-Size: 17mm*27mm
-Mounting holes: 16*16mm
-Weight: 1.6g

1103 Motors
Caddx.us Turbo Eos2 Camera
Gemfan 40mm 1.5mm shaft tri-blade propellers

Receivers option:
-PNP no receiver
-BNF Frsky Mini XM+
-BNF Flysky FS-A8S V2
-BNF Futaba FT4X
-BNF DSM2/DSMX
-BNF Frsky R-XSR

Package included:
1x TurboBee 120RS Micro FPV Race Drone PNP/BNF

Last edited by Merch; Jun 07, 2019 at 01:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2019, 07:52 PM
Drone Camps put up his 'Honest' review:

WE HAVE A WINNER! - iFlight Turbobee 120RS Quad - Honest Review & Flights (20 min 14 sec)

This one looks good. I agree with him about the Gemfan 2540 props being over-propped for this quad. I don't know what they were thinking with those on a 'Toothpick' style quad.

I'm not a big fan of the EOS2 though so, I'd swap it out for a RunCam Racer Nano.
May 24, 2019, 01:57 PM
And, one from Albert Kim.

iFlight TurboBee 120RS Micro FPV Racer 🏁 (10 min 20 sec)

He doesn't seem to mind the Gemfan Flash props. Although, he did say that he hasn't tested 65mm props on it.
May 27, 2019, 10:58 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
Drone Camps put up his 'Honest' review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbzYmkQm_ps

This one looks good. I agree with him about the Gemfan 2540 props being over-propped for this quad. I don't know what they were thinking with those on a 'Toothpick' style quad.

I'm not a big fan of the EOS2 though so, I'd swap it out for a RunCam Racer Nano.

Couldn't agree more with you this one looks real good.
May 30, 2019, 08:52 AM
Well... Stu likes it... which means that it is probably gonna be sold out pretty soon, LOL.

CHANGING OUR SKIES FOREVER!!! & IT'S LEGAL - TURBOBEE Iflight (18 min 11 sec)

(I gotta stop posting everyone else's videos, I think that's enough )
May 30, 2019, 09:39 AM
How is this compared to the Diatone 249+ or 349? Sounds like it has a better stock tune at the very least. Better model for a beginner? (I just have a Tinyhawk)
May 30, 2019, 09:51 AM
I haven't got one yet but, I'd say that it would be better for a beginner than those other two. Those other two could be quite dangerous (to people or property) if you lose control. The low weight of the Turbobee would make it far less dangerous. Although, I still wouldn't fly it around people, you could still give them a nasty cut.

The Turbobee will also be much quieter.
May 31, 2019, 10:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
Well... Stu likes it... which means that it is probably gonna be sold out pretty soon, LOL.

https://youtu.be/mqq2NUCFxZY

(I gotta stop posting everyone else's videos, I think that's enough )
Yeah stop posting videos it gives me a itch
Jun 07, 2019, 11:07 AM
Flight time doesn't seem that good in most of the videos I've seen. Albert Kim said it really really depends on how hard you fly it, and that it can go from 2 minutes if you're pushing it to almost 8 minutes if you're not. But on average it doesn't seem to last that long.
Jun 07, 2019, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralley
Flight time doesn't seem that good in most of the videos I've seen. Albert Kim said it really really depends on how hard you fly it, and that it can go from 2 minutes if you're pushing it to almost 8 minutes if you're not. But on average it doesn't seem to last that long.
Changing to a lighter prop (like the 65mm bi-blades) will likely improve that a lot.
Jun 07, 2019, 02:17 PM
I saw the Drone Camps RC review where he did that, he said it also reduced jello quite a bit.

Any downsides? I'm new to the hobby.
Jun 07, 2019, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralley
I saw the Drone Camps RC review where he did that, he said it also reduced jello quite a bit.

Any downsides? I'm new to the hobby.
Well, not having the quad yet myself, it is difficult to say for sure. Generally, going down to two-blades will reduce fine-control on turns. Also, some of the 65mm props are too flexible (they were really designed for micro quads with brushed motors) so, they may have trouble with high RPMs (at the top of the throttle on 3S for instance). Some might be better than others, the Pyrodrone 65mm props seem to be recommended but, those are a bit difficult to get outside the United States.

We are still experimenting with props for these ultralight micro quads. Maybe dropping the size of a 3-bladed quad down to 2-inch, for instance, might work better. We'll have to see.
Jun 07, 2019, 03:13 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Oddly enough, even with the flexible blades on the Sailfly-X, it tracks in corners super smooth, and is solid in strong winds. The only moment the blades are failing, is on full throttle, then some noise and vibrations occur.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 08, 2019, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Oddly enough, even with the flexible blades on the Sailfly-X, it tracks in corners super smooth, and is solid in strong winds. The only moment the blades are failing, is on full throttle, then some noise and vibrations occur.
Yeah the stock blades are fine but it's always good to check out other ones including tri-blades.
Jun 10, 2019, 07:30 PM
I am not going to post it because I said I'd stop posting other people's reviews* but, anyone considering this model should really take a look at AndyRC's review for the TurboBee.

He reckons that there has been a mistake with the different versions of this quad (at least, on Banggood). Basically, the 10,000Kv motors version should only be doing 2S. Makes sense to me.

(*doesn't mean someone else can't post the video )

Quick Reply