Dec 04, 2019, 05:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenglory
LOL, true statement.

I've honestly always hated the diamond layout for anything other than a whoop. The corners end up sticking out of the frame, the motor pad positions are a pia and it generally makes positioning all the other components on the quad cumbersome. We either need more frames to give us the 45deg layout or they need to start making aio boards in the 20x20 or 16x16 square layout.
I agree that diamond is a really unfortunate vestige of the whoop origin of theses boards.

Ideally we could get an update of the fusion x3 board in 20x20. 25.5 x 25.5 mounted square solves some of the issues like getting the screw out of the way of the batteries and makes room for the low mounted camera but also puts the mount holes right where you donít want a hole (at the high stress area where the arm transitions to the body of the frame). you could just shift the holes back a couple millimeters but that moves weight back when you want it forward to help balance the load on front vs rear props. obviously going square with the whoop boards also makes wiring less clean. Itís also aesthetically as unfortunate as the TP builds.

The ideal spacing would be 22 x 22. With that you could have little nubbins protruding down to act as a little integrated cradle for 450 mah batteries which are 18mm wide. But the holes would be inward enough to be out of the high stress zone of the arms/body. Also, the boards could be rectangular so that you could match the frontal profile to the battery orientation.

Honestly though, if we could just get pcb boards on the motors Iíd quit complaining. With that you could wire once to the FC and just solder at the motor when changing them out.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2019, 11:04 PM
Thread OP

optimizing for indoor

MOBULA 6 FREESTYLE // LOOPZ FLYING INDOORS (2 min 41 sec)

Watched this and had to completely revise what I thought 1S whoops where capable of.
Dec 09, 2019, 05:35 PM
I cant even imagine the pack count I would need to nail some of those lines. Some impressive flying in a very tight space.
Dec 09, 2019, 06:02 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
nathan is the man!

he's the mattystuntz of micros (I hope matty is doing ok)
Dec 10, 2019, 09:53 PM
Finally got my Kingkong 199c cams in and they are amazing. Great picture quality and super light weight + only cost 5 dollars a piece. Cant say enough positive things about em.
Dec 12, 2019, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad66
Honestly though, if we could just get pcb boards on the motors I’d quit complaining. With that you could wire once to the FC and just solder at the motor when changing them out.
I was just watching a review of the meteor65 and they mentioned that the motors have pcbs on them. I was skeptical so I went over to betafpv's site and sure enough, the new 0802 22000kv motors have pcb motor wire connectors. Maybe it will be a micro motor trend, I doubt it - but we can hope.
Dec 12, 2019, 04:12 PM
Prefectionist
Tinywhoop is also doing this with there motors. It does appear to be a trend starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenglory
I was just watching a review of the meteor65 and they mentioned that the motors have pcbs on them. I was skeptical so I went over to betafpv's site and sure enough, the new 0802 22000kv motors have pcb motor wire connectors. Maybe it will be a micro motor trend, I doubt it - but we can hope.
Dec 12, 2019, 07:02 PM
should help keep long screws from ruining motors.
Dec 13, 2019, 12:44 AM
Thread OP

Frames!

Got my next round of prototypes in and they look good ... time to break some carbon.

Frame Updates (13 min 38 sec)
Dec 13, 2019, 12:27 PM
You should make a proper canopy for that ting. May add a little weight but I think for most people that would be fine vs having it look like an unfinished build almost.
Dec 13, 2019, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbless
You should make a proper canopy for that ting. May add a little weight but I think for most people that would be fine vs having it look like an unfinished build almost.
no way. thats whats so cool about it, no need for any bulky, performance stealing pods. pure minimalism.

how a quad looks is meaningless, all that matters is the flight performance and image on your goggs.
Dec 13, 2019, 12:36 PM
Not to people who you will be trying to sell a frame too ijs. An extra gram or two isn't gonna make a meaningful difference to 99% of pilots anyways.
Dec 13, 2019, 12:40 PM
oh, I thought quad66's frames were just on armattan
Dec 13, 2019, 01:18 PM
I actually like that its just a bottom plate, 1s is all about minimalism and the way those builds are completely slammed I think looks cooler than any canopy. I look forward to getting one of these new designs.
Dec 13, 2019, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
oh, I thought quad66's frames were just on armattan
Oh, well idk lol I assumed was selling em because they were prototypes and being reviewed. The point I'm really trying to make is a pod would make it look complete and more attractive to a lot of pilots I think but maybe doesn't apply as much If he's not going to be selling em.

Quick Reply