Apr 17, 2019, 04:20 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Cirrus UMX Wing Replacement

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Cirrus UMX and crashed it on the fifth flight. I have to say this thing has landing gear that is a bit of a joke but that is not really what this is about, I didn't crash it landing I just flew it into the ground and broke the wing/aileron see attached photos. Does anyone have any advice about how to go about removing the wing and replacing it?

Cheers and thanks for reading.
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2019, 03:08 PM
You can probably glue that with some foam safe ca and a bit of clear tape.
May 12, 2019, 01:27 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffog
You can probably glue that with some foam safe ca and a bit of clear tape.
Hey Ffog I had forgotten about this thread... I did end up just glueing the Aileron back together and I had to cut about 1mm off it because the wing was a bit bent and I could not bend it back all the way properly. Plane worked fine after that until the Aileron servo on the other wing died, luckily that happened when the plane was sitting in it's box not being used (God knows how that works) so I noticed it before I flew with a dead servo, now I am waiting for a replacement servo to arrive. Luckily the Timber is still going strong so I am not grounded completely. Thanks for replying.

Quick Reply