Apr 21, 2019, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glgirvin
Hi Guys, All of the pictured boats have been converted from nitro or gasoline powered to electric. The Snoopy and the Twincraft are Aqacraft L 36-56-1500kv, The Whiplash is Neu 1527 1250KV and the Dumas Scarab is a Castle 2028- 780 KV motor. The Twincraft and Snoopy runs on 4s and the Whiplash and the Scarab on 6s to 8s lipos. Thank you, Gary
I already started with rc boat in electric, but I always had desire to own a nitro. From what I understood above, the nitro will end? What is the disadvantage in relation to electric? I always thought the noise of the nitro fantastic... I did not buy one because I did not know how to clean, disassemble, that is, maintenance ...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2019, 09:17 PM
34 years of flight.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAC
I already started with rc boat in electric, but I always had desire to own a nitro. From what I understood above, the nitro will end? What is the disadvantage in relation to electric? I always thought the noise of the nitro fantastic... I did not buy one because I did not know how to clean, disassemble, that is, maintenance ...
Buying the nitro fuel $$$ 30-40 a gallon.
Buying glow plugs replacing them
Having to tune the engines, you don't want to lean them out to much or you can burn them up.
Rebuilding the engines, ( i remember dad having to put new bearings and all in the nitro engines, maybe there better now, not sure)
Having to clean up the boats to get the nitro fuel off them, on airplanes the fuel soaks into the wood and softens it up and makes covering peel back.

That is all the negatives for me.
Apr 22, 2019, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
So what do with them? just say took a loss, and throw em away? I am trying to clean up the garage right now, Guess i will just hang them on the wall they be pretty to look at.
I'd sell before throwing out, or bring them back to life as nitro models still.

Quick Reply