This thread is privately moderated by mike_kelly, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 15, 2019, 06:47 PM
Wisconsin
Thread OP
Discussion

UC4H: Son of FrankenSolo first log analysis

I finally got the logging issue taken care of for SOFS. IN the latest versions of Copter firmware there is a new Log_Backend parameter. Because the Solo has a co-computer it can, and defaults to, copying the logs to both the flight controller and the co-computer which does not appear to work right. So I changed the parameter to 1 which uses only the flight controller as normal.

Vibrations
I was really pleased with the vibration charts but it is not surprising given how well the quad flew in it's maiden flight. In the old graph of vibrations acceptable is -3 to +3 for the X and Y axis and -5 to -15 for the Z axis. SOFS is recording values for X and Y of less than .3 to .5 and Z axis vibes just as low. I included the barometer graph right below to show it really was flying during the vibration plot.

I was concerned, and still am, about the battery. It is a 10.5amp Titan LI-ION battery. It has much higher energy density than a equivalent LI-PO but it is limited in it's discharge rate. Think real low C, like 3C. But the battery power graph looks good. It shows about 360w and around 16amps. But this is without the load of the gimbal. So I will have to see how it does on the first gimbal flight.

So far so good. Now to test the quad with full gimbal load.
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply