This thread is privately moderated by smoothvirus, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 30, 2020, 12:25 PM
Thread OP
60.2Mi FPV long range flight (30.1Mi out and back) (20 min 41 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2020, 03:46 PM
Nice set up. Do you think a 6s build would work for this? I'm concerned the higher peak voltage could induce issues with noise
Jun 01, 2020, 09:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herp Derpula
Nice set up. Do you think a 6s build would work for this? I'm concerned the higher peak voltage could induce issues with noise
Sure, my flying buddy flies his Talon on a Cobra C-3520/18 with a 13x6.5 prop on 6s. Works fine.
Jan 04, 2021, 08:30 PM
Discovering the joys of flying
Hello

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm building a Talon and my intention is to use a retractable landing gear on the wings. The new kits don't come with the auxiliary wheel for the wings so I wonder if you can tell me what's the distance between the wing and the ground at that point with the plane fully built.

Thanks
Mar 09, 2021, 11:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adilson
Hello

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm building a Talon and my intention is to use a retractable landing gear on the wings. The new kits don't come with the auxiliary wheel for the wings so I wonder if you can tell me what's the distance between the wing and the ground at that point with the plane fully built.

Thanks
I'll get the plane down and measure it... keep in mind that I used a skid on the nose instead of the front wheel though.
Mar 09, 2021, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothvirus
I'll get the plane down and measure it... keep in mind that I used a skid on the nose instead of the front wheel though.
Thanks, I'll appreciate it.
Apr 02, 2021, 04:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks, I'll appreciate it.
OK I measured it, looks like it's about 8cm from the wheel well to the ground on my plane, but I have a nose skid installed so my plane sits a little lower.
Apr 03, 2021, 05:18 PM
Quote:
OK I measured it, looks like it's about 8cm from the wheel well to the ground on my plane, but I have a nose skid installed so my plane sits a little lower.
Thanks again but don't you mean 18 and 19 or is your tape broken?
Apr 05, 2021, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks again but don't you mean 18 and 19 or is your tape broken?
oh goodness you're correct I was looking at the inches indicator (facepalm)!
Apr 05, 2021, 02:41 PM
Quote:
oh goodness you're correct I was looking at the inches indicator (facepalm)!
No worries, as an old-timer engineer I'm used to work with inches

Thanks again!

Quick Reply