Apr 15, 2019, 08:58 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Boat thrust problem

I recently made a boat, bought part for it from AliExpress, cheap, and lucky as I was, all of them work. I got a 50cm plastic boat shell, and probably overpowering the thing with a 3650 3300kV motor running 2 or 3s. But the thing won't run on water, at low throttle it goes, but giving it any more than some 10-15% throttle and it starts bursting air instead of pushing that water, and it moves practically nowhere.

What did I do wrong? Is my prop too close, is it placed too shallow? Sitting in water it's wholly submerged, and half under the boat floor, the shaft angle is low as I can do, 15 cm long shaft, motor mounted 0,5cm off the floor, exiting at the back, level with bottom.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2019, 02:38 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_man97
...What did I do wrong? Is my prop too close, is it placed too shallow? Sitting in water it's wholly submerged, and half under the boat floor, the shaft angle is low as I can do, 15 cm long shaft, motor mounted 0,5cm off the floor, exiting at the back, level with bottom.
Photos of your build and phone-video of the boat in the water in (attempted) operation would go a long way towards finding out what is wrong and getting the useful help you need.

Also, this is the forum room for marine electronics and computer hobbyists. You'll find more help with this particular topic in "Fast Boats- Electric" or "Dock Talk".

Quick Reply