Feb 05, 2020, 09:49 AM
Size Matters!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan berry
I would be interested in knowing what the aileron modification was supposed to accomplish.
That and the tail wheel.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2020, 10:00 AM
Size Matters!
Don, Sorry to hear about the accident - get well! The problem with being out of action is the grey matter doesn't stop and you brainstorm new projects!

I have an affection for this model. I am building a .020 size now for one of the small diesels. I have a large kit I thought would be a perfect home for a Taplin Twin, but alas It sits.......
Feb 05, 2020, 10:46 AM
Bayou_City_Boy
Thread OP
RocketRob,

I do not know why the previous owner did those. I am removing them. I might include a light tail wheel.

You should see all the drawings I did sitting in my recliner for 3 months!!!

Don
Last edited by bayou_city_boy; Feb 05, 2020 at 11:06 AM.
Feb 05, 2020, 10:48 AM
Size Matters!
Two roughed out wing panels. Will keep design dihedral. Added a small carbon rod directly under the top wing spar for peace of mind!
Feb 05, 2020, 12:39 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
Thread OP
The diesel will look great on it.
Don
Latest blog entry: Recovery Update
Feb 06, 2020, 08:46 AM
Cox International now sells a 3D printed tankless backplate for the reedie Pee Wee engines that allows use of an external tank without the need for the stock tank to mount the engine. The future is brighter for Pee Wee flyers who need more runtime!
Feb 06, 2020, 10:23 AM
Bayou_City_Boy
Thread OP
I saw that.
A bit on the high side dollar wise.
But I bet'cha they sell a bunch of them!
Feb 20, 2020, 09:06 AM
Size Matters!
Hey Don, Making any progress? I have my wing and tail feathers framed up and have to carve/sand them into an airplane shape. And two fuselage sides! Woo Hoo. Decided to put a .5cc - .030" Redfin Kompish diesel in it spinning a 6x4. The engine sits at quite an extended moment from the CG but hoping i can stuff the rx batts and or servos well aft.
Feb 20, 2020, 06:41 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
Thread OP
Working on getting all the mods removed. I was thinking a out buying one of the new 3D printed back played for my PeeWee .020. But since I have a Skycopter back plate I think I will save the $30 bucks for another project.
Feb 20, 2020, 07:05 PM
Hey rocket,

I hope you have a throttle on that Kompish. It will be a missile at full bore!

Or, running it decompressed can be fun, burping around the field.

Paul
Feb 20, 2020, 10:19 PM
Size Matters!
Hey paul,
The kompish has a nice little carb but it runs so much better with the venturi.
Feb 20, 2020, 10:34 PM
They are cute little engines! I have a .15cc Russian Mills, and thought it might fly the 34"Quaker, if built light. I know an overpropped Pee Wee is ample power.
Feb 21, 2020, 09:27 AM
Size Matters!
I have a .25cc russian mills but it won't pull the skin off the bread pudding as they say. Was not aware of a .15cc version.
Feb 21, 2020, 10:22 AM
My mistake. I should have written .015 cu in. Many guys have had problems with the little buggers, some even refusing to run. Guess I got lucky, mine runs very well. I flew a 20" all sheet model with 2 channels with it, but performance was marginal. It was a little heavy, though. I think a 34" Quaker could be built at about the same weight, and with the lighter wing loading, should fly very scale like.

Apologies for hijacking the thread somewhat.

Paul

Quick Reply