Apr 13, 2019, 07:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Orlando FL Hobby shop.

I was on my way to Orlando FL about 3 hrs drive from my home and I saw a hobby shop called Graves Hobby's so I stop and enter to see what they have. I was amazed! They have a Classic section. Wooden props of all sizes 2 blade 3 blades. Balsa leading edges , wing tubes, kits and I mean classic kits! Aluminum hub wheel for our planes. Klasskote paint. You name it they have it even tunned pipes! Cool Power pro pattern 20% for 23 bucks!! And regular Cool Power 15% 20 bucks where I live the local guy charge me 34 bucks a gallon. They do have a web page. This is not an advertisement but if you need something classic check this place.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2019, 08:34 PM
I’ve purchased on line from them a few times. They are a pleasure to do business with. Fast shipping. They have a good stock of Monokote.
Apr 13, 2019, 09:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeg
Iíve purchased on line from them a few times. They are a pleasure to do business with. Fast shipping. They have a good stock of Monokote.
And Ultracote.
Apr 13, 2019, 11:44 PM
I bought an ARF Dirty Birdy from them after it was out of stock everywhere else
Apr 14, 2019, 07:27 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
They are good to buy from https://www.gravesrc.com/

Mike
Apr 14, 2019, 01:23 PM
I go to Kissimme, couple of trips a year. About 3 trips ago I got clued into Graves RC Hobbies. Iíve been there 2 times now. An amazing hobby shop. They seem to have everything. I just got back from a trip but didnít have time to shop there. I have 2 gallons of 15% Cool Power, props and misc. things that I got there. Next trip will definitely require a visit.

This hobby shop is similar to Orange Blossom Hobbies down in Miami, a hobby SuperStore. Unfortunately it closed in 2001.
Apr 14, 2019, 01:57 PM
DavidsPlanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETpilot

This hobby shop is similar to Orange Blossom Hobbies down in Miami, a hobby SuperStore. Unfortunately it closed in 2001.
Man...,

I remember Orange Blossom. I used to send my parents there as a teen (13) to pick up stuff for me. I'd make these endless lists of accessories with part numbers, prices and quantities. Pretty meticulous lists come to think of it for a 13 year old kid. When they returned with two bags of loot, I'd be happier than a 5 year old in a candy store!

To my great regret I never made it there myself despite having been relatively close in Orlando a few times during those years.

It's really a great shame that so many hobby shops have disappeared and those that remain often only have vestiges of RCM products. More often than not they have a bunch of RTF type stuff. Toys, not hobby products for hobbyists and builders. We must do our best to support these few good stores that remain.

Now, let's go buy something at Graves!

David
Apr 14, 2019, 04:12 PM
I used to visit OBH quite often. They had everything you could want for the hobby. All in stock. I would walk around just looking at all they had in stock, airplanes kits and some on display. All kinds engines. Railroad and boats. Building supplies They had it all. It was amazing. They did volumes of international sales. The shop was always full of international visitors. I, now, only remember Auggie, not sure of the spelling. He was the sales person from whom I purchased. Sad when I read they had closed.

When I got back into the hobby there were 4 hobby shops. They had no kits, just ARF N RTF. I wanted to build so I went the scratch build route. I support the LHS but most of my needs I have to get online. Now 2 shops have closed, so 2 left. I buy from the LHS when I can.
Apr 14, 2019, 04:45 PM
DavidsPlanes
Come to think of it, I received my first ďprogrammableĒ radio, a JR Century 7, as a Xmas gift.

Bought at OBH.

Mode 1 too!

David
Apr 14, 2019, 06:13 PM
Thread OP
I go to my local hobbie shop and I see foam!
Apr 14, 2019, 06:40 PM
I just want to go fly!
Me too
Apr 14, 2019, 08:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd
Me too
Morones
Apr 14, 2019, 08:29 PM
Thread OP
And Dubro discontinue this pushrod , cable outlets. OMG. Its a foam world
Apr 14, 2019, 09:03 PM
Lets face it... We remain enthusiastic about a branch of this hobby/sport that, much like locomotives, steamboats, 8 track tapes, etc., has been left in the past, and which is no longer profitable to support.
Last edited by RC YEAGER; Apr 14, 2019 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Typos
Apr 15, 2019, 09:21 AM
That is the truth, RC YEAGER. However, we here on this site are trying to keep this branch of this hobby/sport alive. There is another old style hobby shop here in Illinois, it is called Dynamic Balsa in Leonor ILL. Owner is Brian, one great guy. Check out his web site.

HOPPY EASTER, may your baskets be filled with RC STUFF.

Ron T

Quick Reply