Apr 13, 2019, 03:05 PM
Thread OP
Download

iNav SmartPort telemetry viewer and logger

This application allows you to view and record your smartport data in real time.

In order this to work you need additional hardware: inverter and bluetooth module (HC-05 or HC-06 or something else) One important thing: Module should be configured to work on 57600 baud rate, otherwise it won't work. Connect inverter to your Smart Port and then connect bluetooth module to the inverter. You now can connect your phone to your bluetooth module and view data

Currently we support classic BL and BLE modules. We currently tested them on the HC-05, HC-06, HC-09, HC-10. Make sure that when using BLE module you should disable PIN code. For classic BL module to appear in the list, you should pair it to your Android device first.

This application is open sourced. You can view source and report any issues at https://github.com/CrazyDude1994/and...port-telemetry

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....com.telemetry
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2019, 03:08 PM
Thread OP
That would be great if some mod could remove 'Cover art' at thread name. Pressed preview thread, was logged out, after login some why it was posted. Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, found that you can change title in advanced view.
Apr 15, 2019, 02:28 AM

How to recover log files

Hi, first of all GOOD Job.
I tested the app with android tabled and everything works as expected in realtime. I recorded telemetry logs in tablet memory but I found csv files are empty. Only log files seems OK. How can I open these files at home?

Solved ��
Last edited by Freeflight69; Apr 15, 2019 at 04:16 AM.
Apr 20, 2019, 09:29 AM
some tips

i used a sbus inverter from aliexpress for inverting the signal
https://bit.ly/2GsHI5X

You can use the s.port on the back of your R9 module. (first picture)

You can also use the serial port on the taranis x9d, you have to change it to S.Port Mirror.
WARNING: the serial port voltage is at vbat, so you'll need to use a 5v regulator.
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/wiki/Taranis-I-O-ports

bluetooth programming commands. I use arduino serial monitor and a ftdi adapter.

HC-06 (simpler unit)
AT commands
AT+NAMEyournamehere - no spaces!
AT+PIN1234 - PIN, no spaces again
AT+BAUD7 - set port speed to 57600
AT+ENABLEIND0

HC-05(Hold button while powering to get into programming mode)
AT+NAME=Telem
AT+PSWD="0000"
AT+UART=57600,0,0
Last edited by P.I.Engineer; Apr 20, 2019 at 09:43 AM.
Apr 25, 2019, 04:37 PM

Bt overheating and smoked

Used the bt and mosfet as written in first post connected to the back of my R9 module. For some days everything worked but today I noticed the pla case was warm. Suddenly bt stopped blinking. At home I realized that I'm put voltage was 5.1volts but 3,3regulator gives only 2.1v. I suspect that 3,3regulator is dead because power consumption too hight. Maybe my bt unit was faulty but next one I ll use a separated regulator for 3,3v.
Apr 25, 2019, 10:41 PM
I am loving the capabilities of this app. Today I crashed the wing I was flying about a half mile away from me and was able to walk right to the location using the map and flight track. The battery, FC and GPS were still all hooked up and transmitting, but even if they weren't I'm guessing I could reload the flight log and get pretty close to the crash site.
Apr 27, 2019, 09:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeflight69
Used the bt and mosfet as written in first post connected to the back of my R9 module. For some days everything worked but today I noticed the pla case was warm. Suddenly bt stopped blinking. At home I realized that I'm put voltage was 5.1volts but 3,3regulator gives only 2.1v. I suspect that 3,3regulator is dead because power consumption too hight. Maybe my bt unit was faulty but next one I ll use a separated regulator for 3,3v.
Sorry, I'm not really good in electronics, can't help you with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfncolo
I am loving the capabilities of this app. Today I crashed the wing I was flying about a half mile away from me and was able to walk right to the location using the map and flight track. The battery, FC and GPS were still all hooked up and transmitting, but even if they weren't I'm guessing I could reload the flight log and get pretty close to the crash site.
Glad you retrieved it back! My main reason for developing this app was this case.
Apr 28, 2019, 03:41 PM
Finally got to try this out while flying, it worked flawlessly.

Thank you for making this. Replaying the flight was cool.
Apr 28, 2019, 05:50 PM

HC-06 Bluetooth AT commands

I posted this information on the Telemetry Viewer github site in one of the issues, but thought it might be more visible if I posted it here.
This has to do with changing the settings in an HC-06 module to what is required for the app to work. I'm not an expert on this, but after not being able to change settings on mine, and after days of trying to figure out why, I found out that different versions of the HC-06 module respond to different commands.

Initially, the only AT commands that worked on the HC-06 I had were AT, and AT+VERSION and only using "both NL & CR", otherwise I would get an ERROR(0) response. The version of my HC-06 is VERSION:3.0-20170609. I finally found that commands are different for this version. Here are a few commands that I have found that work.
Change name: AT+NAME: DesiredName
Change baud rate to 57600: (or whatever rate needed): AT+UART=57600,0,0
Find out Baud rate: AT+UART
Change pin: AT+PSWD:"0000"
I have not been able to figure out the AT+ENABLEIND0, but the module and app seem to work fine without changing it, at least on my module.
The commands looks similar to what P.I. Engineer posted for an HC-05 module.
Hope this can help someone.
Apr 29, 2019, 12:24 AM
Hard to see, but I've buried my Bluetooth inside my taranis.

I'm using the serial port with a voltage regulator.
Apr 30, 2019, 04:18 AM
Trying to solve overheating. I appreciate very much your work. Finally we have telemetry available over bt.
May 23, 2019, 01:35 PM
Thread OP
I've just added support for internal BLE modules (ones which comes in the transmitter). You can try it now at https://github.com/CrazyDude1994/and...ment-495211013

Then it will be released to google play
Jun 05, 2019, 03:43 PM
Thread OP
Added feature which send telemetry data to UAV radar server https://uavradar.org/ at which you can see other aircrafts flying. This is disabled by default. You can disable it in the settings menu. You also can assign Callsign and model data which will be showed when clicked on your aircraft marker on the website
Jun 12, 2019, 06:34 AM
Hi,
I do not have R9m module in my taranis x9d plus se.
Can I use a bluetooth module and connects it directly to the external RF module of the taranis?
Jun 13, 2019, 05:20 PM

issues with home made inverter

hey guys i have build the inverter after the specs here, but it wont power on with signal plugged into the s.port but if i remove the signal wire the bt module powers on, and turns instaltly off when i plug the signal wire back in.

Quick Reply