Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 AM
FJH
FJH
One major will be an added 868/900 MHz system to the 2.4 GHz system, thus similar as you can find with Jeti DC/DS24. Only at a less price and most probably with mor options than Jeti offers. Also expected are some new receivers which will have both 2,4 GHz and 686/900 MHz integrated, which Jeti does not have.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2020, 12:04 PM
Guy Azulay
Well from my experience with jeti DS24 the 900mhz not relly effective. The 2.4 ghz doing great job.

Today i fly with x12s
Fir regular planes i use 2.4g
For FPV long rang i use external 900mhz
Working great with the telemetry
Apr 22, 2020, 05:11 AM
any updates , will this ever come out?
Apr 22, 2020, 08:20 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbt
any updates , will this ever come out?
All FrSky releases are pushed back at least 6 months due to the fallout from the USM bug and COVID-19

FrSky is just now releasing the Archer receivers that were supposed to come out in November.

The Tandem series will likely not be seen for months, they were an upcoming product with no timeline 6 months ago and have certainly been delayed until FrSky finishes sorting out the 2.1 updates for the USM bug and the single-band ACCESS stuff.
Jul 27, 2020, 05:17 AM
Dash till Puff
what a stupid obsession with this squared form factor.
Jul 27, 2020, 06:34 AM
Looks really nice to me.
Is it an official image ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Jul 27, 2020, 07:21 AM
I too like the look of this TX. it looks very compact.
Jul 27, 2020, 09:56 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Holy marketing fail batman.

Here's a hint for FrSky. If you're #1 issue right now is cloners, don't design a new radio that looks like a direct clone of your competition.

That design screams Jeti, even more so than the previous Horus radios. The X12S was clearly Jeti inspired in design, but has it's own design language, this design abandons a lot of the Horus design language for Jeti design language, particularly in the screen enclosure which abandons the X12S's significant bezels for a Jeti-style hidden bezel.

The only aspect of this radio that doesn't scream Jeti is the aspect ratio, unlike a Jeti it's clearly wider than it is tall.
Jul 27, 2020, 04:10 PM
Having a x12s i like the design as I am familiar with it, could not care less if it shares design cues from an other manufacturer.

Hoping this is indeed the x11 and not the x12s replacement though as the complete package looks built for the mid range segment and misses the premium quality/finnish I would want to replace my X12s.
Jul 27, 2020, 04:31 PM
This is the Tandem that was called X11 and it does not replace the X12S.

Mike
Jul 27, 2020, 04:37 PM
Isn’t it just a QX7 on steroids with a screen at the top? I thought QX7 straight away, only Jeti thing about it is the top screen, but I instantly still though QX7.

But these days how do you design a radio that someone else isn’t going to see cues from a competitor in? It’s box with 2 gimbals, some switches and a top or bottom mount screen. I get what Frsky have done or said recently, but I sure wouldn’t want the job of designing a radio, absolutely nothing new or original you can do anymore. You’re gonna get compared to another brand and hated no matter what you do. Would be a soul destroying job.
Jul 27, 2020, 05:18 PM
The design sure has come a long way from the last iteration I saw (attached below).

If it fits the hand like the QX7, it'll be a big plus in my book. Judging by the photo, I think it might.

The lack of non-functional adornment in the latest design, like unnecessary panel lines, bezels, chrome, carbon fibre, and so on, is also very attractive to my eye.

Clearly, there is resemblance to Jeti radios. Not sure how far to take that critique. I also see at least one significant difference, the 'recurved' front face. That feature is one reason my QX7 radios get way more use than my X10S. It's also a feature of the X12, I believe.

Without doubt, the Jeti is a good looking radio. For me, the latest iteration of the X11 is more attractive. So much comes down to personal preference. This new design has caught my attention. No doubt, other views are possible and valid.
Last edited by landru; Jul 27, 2020 at 05:30 PM.
Jul 27, 2020, 10:40 PM
Mark evans have a point, it is really difficult to make a radio with no resemblance to any exisitng radio, but frsky do a good job making clearly differentiable design, Sure it has some Jeti resemblance, but it is inposible to confuse any of their radios with a Jeti, and thats is good... Think in a Jumper 16 , at some distance it is a Futaba... there are nothing different at its first look.
I prefer the way that frsky make a proper design family with the Q7, X10 and X12 and now X11, I hated the first renders of the X11 because it has nothing in common with their sisters.
BTW, Nothing against the X9 and X9 lite, because I have one Taranis, but it is out dated design too similar to my futaba 9c

In other aspect, the matte plastic color is a nice and honest touch , and the protuberance in the base of the frontal switches looks great and put the swith in a better angle.

I hope this is a final product image, because I will buy it for sure, not because it is similar to Jetti, just because looks like a frsky radio.
Jul 27, 2020, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
Isn’t it just a QX7 on steroids with a screen at the top? I thought QX7 straight away, only Jeti thing about it is the top screen, but I instantly still though QX7.

But these days how do you design a radio that someone else isn’t going to see cues from a competitor in? It’s box with 2 gimbals, some switches and a top or bottom mount screen. I get what Frsky have done or said recently, but I sure wouldn’t want the job of designing a radio, absolutely nothing new or original you can do anymore. You’re gonna get compared to another brand and hated no matter what you do. Would be a soul destroying job.
Jeti didn't invent the idea of a square radio with the screen at the top, back in the day ALL radios were like this until the XP9303 came out around 2004.

Here's a JR XP8103 made in 1995:

Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jul 27, 2020 at 11:05 PM.
Jul 28, 2020, 02:14 AM
I didn’t say Jeti did invent it. I’m fully aware of the old JR radios, I was in the hobby from 1989 when I was 9 years old, i flew JR entirely from 1997 until 2010...ish when I switched to Spektrum.
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Jul 28, 2020 at 02:25 AM.

Quick Reply