Apr 13, 2019, 07:30 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Frsky Horus X11 and Tandem receivers

Tandem Receivers are coming soon! Receivers with dual frequency redundancy (2.4GHz + 900MHz).
Another benefit of using the new ACCESS protocol. More TD receivers to follow.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2019, 07:48 AM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorp_jon
Receivers with dual frequency redundancy (2.4GHz + 900MHz)
the big brother is unable to make 2 in 1 receivers.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=34
Apr 13, 2019, 08:36 AM
Thread OP
Is Jeti really friend with Frsky or is this a joke ?
Apr 13, 2019, 10:44 AM
FPV Glider
Here we go!
Apr 13, 2019, 12:32 PM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorp_jon
Is Jeti really friend with Frsky or is this a joke ?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=501
Apr 13, 2019, 01:01 PM
I hope this was a early render of the tx because is really ugly.
Horus X12, X10 and even taranis Q7 share a consistent design, with defined and simple geometry. The look of the X11 remember me a low cost radio from the '80.

About the dual signal system, a great move!
Apr 13, 2019, 01:54 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVV
Here we go!
That's a very early render of the X12S, not the new X11
Apr 13, 2019, 01:56 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajazo
I hope this was a early render of the tx because is really ugly.
Horus X12, X10 and even taranis Q7 share a consistent design, with defined and simple geometry. The look of the X11 remember me a low cost radio from the '80.

About the dual signal system, a great move!
It's nice to see dual signal integrated into single units, it's been possible to run dual signal with an R9M and pairing receivers since the R9 system was implemented.

This gives FrSky a real advantage over both Jeti and TBS in the 900MHz arena. Jeti requires a second receiver, TBS doesn't do 2.4. And it looks like ACCESS will allow multiple telemetry binds which removes the one advantage Jeti had (where the telemetry link didn't require user management).
Apr 14, 2019, 02:02 PM
i absolutly love the design of this radio! I love that the screen is on the top of the TX. I fly with a neck strap and having the screen on the bottom makes it hard to see when i'm making adjustments to the parameters in the TX.
I just hope they keep the price reasonable.
Apr 14, 2019, 02:08 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanks
i absolutly love the design of this radio! I love that the screen is on the top of the TX. I fly with a neck strap and having the screen on the bottom makes it hard to see when i'm making adjustments to the parameters in the TX.
I just hope they keep the price reasonable.
yeah, I prefer the top displays ever since the XP8103.

I expect this to be priced under the X10/X10S, but I'm also expecting a molded plastic case. Think X9D+ replacement based on the controls present in the image (it lacks the extra trimmers, knobs & sliders of the X10 or X12S).
Apr 16, 2019, 02:26 PM
Does the top display not interfere with the aerial
Apr 16, 2019, 02:35 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axefly
Does the top display not interfere with the aerial
Not if correctly designed. On the Horus X12S, the aerial is installed in the display bezel, so the display itself is never between the aerial and the aircraft.

There is a mild range hit from the case & electronics in proximity, the X12S on the internal antenna has only 80% or so of the range it has on an external antenna (it has both options, manually selectable), the external antenna range is comparable to the Taranis X9D+. That said even on the internal antenna the X12S is pretty close to best in class for range, with only the external antenna FrSky units really exceeding it for 2.4GHz range.

Quick Reply