This thread is privately moderated by rhmoore0, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 12, 2019, 01:02 PM
Thread OP
Question

First Drone Build--Help With Betaflight

Hi everybody,

This is my first quadcopter build, and I have been watching tutorials/reading posts everywhere to try and figure out some problems and do some trouble shooting.

Before I start, here's all my gear:
Omnibus F4V5 Flight controller

BlHeli 20A ESC's x 4

Tachyon t2207 2450KV motors

FlySky X6B receiver

FlySky FS-i6 transmitter

So, my problems are that when I'm on betaflight, motor 4 does not spin up. I've troubleshooted by getting a new ESC, detaching the motor from the ESC and putting it on a different ESC (it worked), and getting a new motor. Betaflight is just not picking up this fourth motor.
Also, betaflight is not picking up that the transmitter and receiver are talking to each other. The receiver is bound, connected to UART 6 (SBUS port for the F4V5), and fully powered up. I'm seeing on my transmitter also that the receiver is hooked up (I see the battery life), but no response on betaflight. I have another transmitter coming in the mail soon, so that's my last step of troubleshooting.

Any suggestions? Much obliged!!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2019, 02:01 AM
Just some thoughts:
  • Any free UART can be used with a flysky receiver, there's no inversion problem for F4 boards like you have on a Frsky receiver. UART 6 will work fine (I think?), however. To emphasize, IBUS is "good"; it's the Frsky receivers that need to use particular UARTs or software inversion to work properly.
  • Flysky receivers use IBUS. (You'll find this on the Configuration tab, labeled "Serial receiver provider").
  • Make sure you're not hooked up to the PPM port on the X6B. (PPM is an older protocol. The X6B is basically a copy of a pretty old flysky receiver)
  • On the Ports tab, do you have "Serial Rx" turned on for UART 6?
  • As for the ESC's, not sure. You could try loading up the blheli configurator (rather than betaflight configurator) to see if it sees the ESC. Are you using DSHOT (configuration tab)? DSHOT does not need calibration. If these are older ESC's that don't support DSHOT, you'll typically have to do an ESC "calibration" in the betaflight configurator (youtube videos on this)
Apr 15, 2019, 09:19 PM
Antequam sciat ego nescibam
For the motor hook it to outpout 5 or 6 and remap resource.
In the cli type resource

Make sure you have the right target flashed.

Quick Reply