Oct 14, 2019, 11:38 AM
Lookin' up at the centerline
That's why I bought a full sized van, I hate installing joiner tubes.
Just got finished doing just that myself.
Sometimes, ya just gotta bite the bullet.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2019, 04:02 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
The only way I will install joiners is by building in the tubes in one piece during wing construction and then sawing through them to separate the panels. That way the joiners always fit and the panels always line up!
Oct 14, 2019, 08:32 PM
Clever fellow!
Oct 15, 2019, 01:53 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Doesn't the saw damage the ribs at the join? For the outer panels on the Invader, I was intending fitting separate tubes, but building them into both three quarter finished panels at the same time, but with the joining rods fitted?
Oct 15, 2019, 02:12 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink
Doesn't the saw damage the ribs at the join? For the outer panels on the Invader, I was intending fitting separate tubes, but building them into both three quarter finished panels at the same time, but with the joining rods fitted?
Not if you leave a gap of 1/8" at the joint, then face the end ribs with 1/32" ply after sawing the tubes in two, then dress the tube ends back to the ply facing ribs. Simples! But your method will work too!
Oct 15, 2019, 05:55 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
I would have put the tubes in when it was being built,but I was stuck as the wing was from an arf .Got one side done and it lines up so all is well.
Oct 15, 2019, 07:35 PM
I pulled the frame off of the razor saw so it fits in tiny gaps.
(helps to wrap a little masking tape around the end)
Oct 16, 2019, 06:47 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
Started making the bits to fit tubes to side 2..
Oct 22, 2019, 10:20 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
Side two of the wing joiners for the bird of time winged thing are done at last.Time to finish covering the beast and get back to the thermic canard.
Oct 31, 2019, 07:06 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
covering starts today,back has been out of sorts but is better enough to get some thing done.
Nov 07, 2019, 07:16 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
Got to edit the title of the thread at last.One tip of the bot thing is covered,will start the next one over the weekend.
Nov 15, 2019, 06:44 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
Cold air is here so nothing done covering wise.The wife can smell the glue on the hobby king covering so I have to cover stuff on the front porch,going to be near 50 out this weekend so I may get the rest of the b o t winged thing covered.Did a balance check on the canard and if the motor is mounted as a pusher lots of noes weight will be needed.I don't like the way it looks with a pod mounted motor,so I just can't go there.I did however find a 56 mm. fan unit in the parts box,that could be mounted on the C/G and save 2 oz. of nose weight.
Nov 17, 2019, 05:25 AM
who has rabbit ears down
That'll work good! slightly warmer here, not by much!
Latest blog entry: My "Kubiak" Collection
Nov 18, 2019, 06:30 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
looks like the fan will be used capt,I just need to look for an e s c to match it.
Today, 06:48 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
Thread OP
I found an e s c time to start making a mount for the fan.

Quick Reply