Apr 10, 2019, 09:39 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

JR XG11MV Tx

While waiting for new JR DMSS ready Rx from Jim

Will Jim's current JR Tx Module work in XG 11 MV ( removable module) ?

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2019, 11:24 PM
It should work with PPM8 and PPM9. SPCM is a mode that you don't want to ever use because it creates a huge amount of latency. The DSM mode might be able to be supported (perhaps it is the same as our JR11x module?) I am guessing that the DMSS mode requires the extra pins.

I will have to look at getting one of these for testing.
Apr 18, 2019, 12:18 PM
Hi all, I have also got a JR G11MV TX. I've tested it with the XPS module that I use in my JR 9X transmitter and works fine. PPM8 and PPM9 confused me. I tried both and it is just the amount of channels the TX transmits. When I went into the sub trim menu ppm8 showed only 8 channels and PPM9 9 channels. 😁
Apr 18, 2019, 03:13 PM
Hi Jim, does the XPS JR 11X module support all 11 channels when using the DSM modulation? Your module will however require an external aerial if used in the XG11MV. 9 channels are more than enough for most models but sometimes more are needed. ��
Apr 19, 2019, 01:35 AM
Yes, it does support all 11 channels.

I am not sure if they use serial (115.2K baud) like some of the DSM modules require, or the manchester encoding that the JR11x uses.

I am still trying to find one of these transmitters. They were made several years ago and were discontinued.

Nice to know that PPM9 works! That works because the module tries to calculate the number of actual PPM channels being output and adjusts accordingly. I have never seen anything that outputs 9 channels via PPM before.
Apr 19, 2019, 01:35 AM
Yes, it does support all 11 channels.

I am not sure if they use serial (115.2K baud) like some of the DSM modules require, or the manchester encoding that the JR11x uses.

I am still trying to find one of these transmitters. They were made several years ago and were discontinued.

Nice to know that PPM9 works! That works because the module tries to calculate the number of actual PPM channels being output and adjusts accordingly. I have never seen anything that outputs 9 channels via PPM before.
Apr 19, 2019, 06:03 AM
Thanks Jim, that would be awesome if your 11X module works I. MV. My xg11mv is brand new never been used. Not sure if Mike Stark has any 11 X xps modules. I'll have a chat with him next weekend at our South African Power Nationals.
We fly up to Johannesburg on Wednesday from Cape Town. Planes have already been freighted up.
Looking forward to a great comp. ��
Apr 20, 2019, 07:08 AM
Some pictures of the screen with different modulation.
Apr 20, 2019, 01:40 PM
Thread OP

modulation

Bipe
your pictures are not modulations

whatever the XG11 MV can produce is in the first post
but there is several DSM systems to cope with

here is a SPECTRUM module other side mentioned before
This TX copes with SPECTRUM DSM
it might shade some light to answer Jim's concerns

Jim
I am willing to lend you my Tx for tasting. If it is any chance make to run all the channels that would be awesome. Actually it would be 2 more. it makes big difference.

Mike
Apr 20, 2019, 02:02 PM
Thread OP

modulation

Last edited by Smyk; Apr 20, 2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: double post
Apr 20, 2019, 02:58 PM
I realise that is not the modulation screen. They are screen shots when the modulation is set to DMSS, PPM8 and PPM9. Hence the 11,9 and 8 channels showing. The DMSS module is not spektrum it genuine JR.
9 channels do work with Ppm9 modulation set. I've re tested it. Used my std XPS module and 10 channel rx.
Regards
Charlie
Apr 20, 2019, 03:26 PM
Thread OP
Charlie

look at the first picture
there are two different modules there

one is JR DMSS with additional pins block in the center
the other is SPEKTRUM DSM2
The rear face of this module is in the last picture of this thread
They both are intended to work with this TX case. It was intended by JR. Horizon was selling both brands at that time and they tried to make it universal for many brands
NOW
the question is if it is the same what X11 is to make the other module from Jim to work with 11 channels.
I am afraid it will not

Mike
Apr 20, 2019, 04:35 PM
Yes that is the question for sure. The TX only has DMS and not DMS2 modulation. I don't fly any aircraft that really need 11 channels I do have a glider that uses 12 servos so then it would have been nice. I can however still use the original JR DMSS module and RX then also use the telemetry, like an altitude sensor at the same time.

Quick Reply