Apr 10, 2019, 01:56 AM
Trader Rating: 46
Thread OP
Discussion

Flustered in Florida

Seeking advise from fellow flyers. About a month ago while looking at want ads on Rcg i could'nt help but notice the overwelming need guys had for hard to find parts, I decided to jump into action since i realized i had many of the those things around just collecting dust.Most are from my deceased fathers collection spanning more than 50 years. I had no idea of their worth so i proceeded to ask fellow members here what they thought. I then sold it for that price. While i am pretty sure some would take advantage of this i was not that concerned as i was more concerned with helping people have what they needed to keep building and flying. I don't do this for money like a dealer or other guys might do to support their hobby habbit,i do it cause this is what Dad would have wanted me to do. Now because of this i find myself in a jam with a guy here on rcg who is trying to slander me by publicly posting that i cheated him and he wants his money back. I of course agreed to do so that very day but then i find he filed a complaint against me anyway with the paypal people and they froze my acct. so that i can no longer send his money back. Itried to tell him he could even keep the darn thing as well but it doesnt seem to help.I don't know what else to do here. i don't know what else to do here. If I stop trying to help folks anymore because of this one relentless person then i feel like i let my Dad and everyone else down. Anyone been through somthing like this before and can tell me how to handle it i sure would appreciate it .thanks...Dannyboy
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2019, 02:05 AM
Trader Rating: 124
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
I feel you!! been there done that.... though the years I have helped a lot of people in many ways not expecting anything in return , a few times I have been screwed and stabbed in the back but that did not stop me from continuing to try to help others.
Don't let this discourage you of doing what you think is right in your eyes, its very kool that you are doing what your Dad would have wanted to do. You are not letting anyone down....

Call Paypal explain to them the issue, I had the same happened before and it was a good outcome..

Wish you the best of luck and keep doing what in your eyes is right... Your Dad would be very proud of you... I know I would Geoff
Apr 10, 2019, 02:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilotx1
I feel you!! been there done that.... though the years I have helped a lot of people in many ways not expecting anything in return , a few times I have been screwed and stabbed in the back but that did not stop me from continuing to try to help others.
Don't let this discourage you of doing what you think is right in your eyes, its very kool that you are doing what your Dad would have wanted to do. You are not letting anyone down....

Call Paypal explain to them the issue, I had the same happened before and it was a good outcome..

Wish you the best of luck and keep doing what in your eyes is right... Your Dad would be very proud of you... I know I would Geoff
Hey, thanks alot for those words of encouragement i guess i been letting this get to me more than it should. One bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch,, right!
Apr 10, 2019, 04:17 AM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair
Go to your Paypal account, and find their contact number. Talk nicely to the person who answers, and if you have the transaction number, that would be so helpful. Ask the agent to free up your account so you can refund the money. (They just need to push the correct buttons) and you should be all cleared up before long.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Dubb-Jet-PIPES

This looks like a guy not enlarging your posted pics and seeing what he was looking at. Sure , they aren't pretty, but they are clear pictures. He could have made the decision not to buy from those pics, if he was picky... Sell them to someone else when you get 'em back. There was already someone else in line.
Last edited by epoxyearl; Apr 10, 2019 at 04:27 AM.
Apr 10, 2019, 06:56 AM
Trader Rating: 141
Build a scale plane already!!!
Disregard,, I see it now
Last edited by scale_only; Apr 10, 2019 at 08:03 AM.
Apr 10, 2019, 07:07 AM
Trader Rating: 80
Mt. Dora, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.slick
Seeking advise from fellow flyers. About a month ago while looking at want ads on Rcg i could'nt help but notice the overwelming need guys had for hard to find parts, I decided to jump into action since i realized i had many of the those things around just collecting dust.Most are from my deceased fathers collection spanning more than 50 years. I had no idea of their worth so i proceeded to ask fellow members here what they thought. I then sold it for that price. While i am pretty sure some would take advantage of this i was not that concerned as i was more concerned with helping people have what they needed to keep building and flying. I don't do this for money like a dealer or other guys might do to support their hobby habbit,i do it cause this is what Dad would have wanted me to do. Now because of this i find myself in a jam with a guy here on rcg who is trying to slander me by publicly posting that i cheated him and he wants his money back. I of course agreed to do so that very day but then i find he filed a complaint against me anyway with the paypal people and they froze my acct. so that i can no longer send his money back. Itried to tell him he could even keep the darn thing as well but it doesnt seem to help.I don't know what else to do here. i don't know what else to do here. If I stop trying to help folks anymore because of this one relentless person then i feel like i let my Dad and everyone else down. Anyone been through somthing like this before and can tell me how to handle it i sure would appreciate it .thanks...Dannyboy

Dear Flustered, sorry to hear of yours father's passing. Secondly, kudos for thinking of others and trying to help them out. But in doing so, you must also look at it as doing business and in doing business, some times you run into situations such as this. You should not take it personally. The complaint has been filed, so now all you can do is wait and see what the outcome will be with Paypal or if you are hell bent on making the issue go away, you can always send the buyer a money order, then call Paypal and give them the money order number and advise them that you are trying to make every effort or pacify this person. Hopefully this will satisfy Paypal and they will release your account.

Take my advice and stop trying to help people on RCG, they don't want your help. You have some good people on here and others that would take advantage of your good nature in a heart beat and unfortunately it's hard to tell between the two. If you want to liquidate your fathers stuff, then offer the stuff for sale as strictly business and not the fact that your doing it to help out a fellow RCer. Remember the old adage, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" because it sure rings true in this situation.

mike
Apr 10, 2019, 07:51 AM
No, don't send a money order,, the guy could just say he never got it and you're back to square one..

If there is a hold on your account, It would only be for the funds in dispute,, If you want to refund, go to the "resolution center" section on Paypal,,there you can respond to the claim or refund the money,, that will end the claim.

If you're not sure,, get on the phone with paypal

Good luck
Apr 10, 2019, 01:20 PM
Trader Rating: 174
WHY did you not post pics of the scuffs ? Please learn from this that you must state any known faults and post enough pictures so that the buyer will know exactly what he’s buying. Good Luck in the Future
Apr 10, 2019, 01:52 PM
Thread OP
i did post pictures and as clearly seen in my posted picks, there were some fuel stains on smaller pipe and a minute blemish on larger one. I listed these as used not new or air brushed like Hugh Heffners centerfolds. the marring on pipes he posted was clearly not there when i sent them. He then posted his grivance publicy on this site without ever contacting me and when a fellow member pointed somthing out to disprove his claim he conviently erased and closed the thread. I have told him that if he makes a public apology for his handling of this matter i would refund his money asap.I have 4 others waiting for these pipes at a higher price than i charged him and thats after seeing them as they look now in no longer good but poor condition. The ball is now in his court.
Apr 10, 2019, 02:22 PM
Trader Rating: 9
I had to find this posted in a closed thread, to see what may have happened here, after reading all about how charitable the seller is, etc. Good to finally get all the info:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=16
"one of the pipes looks to have been switched at some point "

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=10
"Not so slick.. The photos you posted does not show areas of concern. Most likely intentional. For future reference, when list used items, you should always photograph areas of concern. It appears that you only photographed the "good" side. Even a "camera phone" would have picked up the dents/gouges. Matters not if the buyers intentions were to re-sell. Your phone had the capability to capture the defects, but you elected not to. That is not cool."

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=20
"These are the same pipes, just the damage not shown in the pictures,and since they were not wrapped more damage happened during shipping. I follow the directions Paypal gave me on how to get a refund"
Apr 10, 2019, 02:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
I had to find this posted in a closed thread, to see what may have happened here, after reading all about how charitable the seller is, etc. Good to finally get all the info:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=16
"one of the pipes looks to have been switched at some point "

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=10
"Not so slick.. The photos you posted does not show areas of concern. Most likely intentional. For future reference, when list used items, you should always photograph areas of concern. It appears that you only photographed the "good" side. Even a "camera phone" would have picked up the dents/gouges. Matters not if the buyers intentions were to re-sell. Your phone had the capability to capture the defects, but you elected not to. That is not cool."

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=20
"These are the same pipes, just the damage not shown in the pictures,and since they were not wrapped more damage happened during shipping. I follow the directions Paypal gave me on how to get a refund"
While they were individually wraped ,bubble wrap was put between pipes in an approved USPS shipping box.I cannot accept responsability for mail carriers handling techniques. They are insured at my expense and i suggested he file a claim. And yes i offered a refund from the start but he ignored this offer so there isn't much more i can do.Like i stated before the ball is in his court now
Apr 10, 2019, 03:19 PM
I looked at both sets of pics,, the two with the slanted header don't look like the same mufflers at all,, If you zoom in on the aft part of the header,, clearly one has some lateral casting or machine marks that the other one doesn't
Apr 10, 2019, 04:16 PM
Trader Rating: 48
Pay for their return shipping. Once you get them, make sure they are the same ones you sent. If they are, proceed to give them a refund. If they are not, report that to paypal. By no means let the individual keep them and get a refund.

Jeff
Latest blog entry: Futaba 4pks-r hook
Apr 10, 2019, 04:20 PM
Trader Rating: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
I looked at both sets of pics,, the two with the slanted header don't look like the same mufflers at all,, If you zoom in on the aft part of the header,, clearly one has some lateral casting or machine marks that the other one doesn't
I see exactly what you're talking about. Did the seller have more pipes on hand and may have mixed them up or is they buyer trying to get a refund for their old damaged pipe they set out to replace?

They are not the same pipe. The first picture has a smooth long dent and the one in the second has 2 dents that look similar but have a different contour when you zoom in. The placement is off as well.

Jeff
Latest blog entry: Futaba 4pks-r hook
Apr 10, 2019, 04:45 PM
Yeah, no way a muffler gets that much dirtier in shipping either

Quick Reply