This thread is privately moderated by My Precioussss!, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 13, 2019, 07:06 AM

CB reservations?

Yes, first come first served but don't worry about it.

I've stayed in the park every year and, from Langlois south, wondered how finding a space would play out? There are 52 sites so, no matter what, there's always someone getting ready to leave. Worst case is that you have to wait ten to 30 minutes for someone to pull out? If you don't find a space open on your first drive thru, simply pull up to the corner at the entrance, and wait for someone to leave and go get their spot?

Just part of the adventure.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2019, 11:17 PM
Damage is expected
I'm still planning CB for Aug 7-11. Heard a crazy rumor (rumour) about a fresh Gizmo or two coming ashore for a visit... hope springs eternal!
Jul 31, 2019, 04:31 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnekid
Heard a crazy rumor (rumour) about a fresh Gizmo or two coming ashore for a visit... hope springs eternal!
Wow! Fresh Gizmos? Count me IN! Always wanted to fly me one o them slickery dickens!
See you all the 7th!
Jul 31, 2019, 08:32 PM
Damage is expected
Doc,

I'll eat some extra fiber to keep the winds blowing. Don't stand downwind or store any foamies near me!
Aug 01, 2019, 11:30 AM
All I've got is a beat to snot antique, be nice to see what the cool kids are runnin these days...
Should be there on the 7th as well...
Aug 01, 2019, 01:57 PM
Damage is expected
Hope the wind outlook improves! It's forecasting a bit like last year on Windfinder.
Aug 04, 2019, 02:12 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
The latest Windfinder observations suggest building to better conditions for next week. I’m looking forward to some decent north wind!
Aug 04, 2019, 06:26 PM

Wish you were here!

Pulled in to CB Friday, and it was gorgeous with light winds out of the south. Very flyable but I wasn't, had driven too far to be a good pilot.

Got the next to last spot in the park but, only had to wait a few minutes to get it.

Friday night it rained fog that was condensing in the trees, sounded like a rainstorm but wasn't. Pretty foggy most of Saturday but flyable late in the day.

Today it's 65 and winds out of the north at 20, clear and gorgeous. Steve was over DSing when I got here, and he came over to the point and I flew a HK P-51 and old Sagitta 600.

Couldn't be a better slope day!

Jim
Aug 04, 2019, 07:17 PM
Damage is expected
Jim,

So glad you have a great Sunday! If you see Steve again let him know I have more worn Rifle 1m parts coming on Wednesday if he'd like some to repair/throw together into a slope dart.

I'll throw in my festive 20' wind sock. My wife is forbidding me to bring the new extension pole that replaced the one that the paraglider guy broke last year. (I'll probably sneak it along anyway....)

I'm happy to share my camping spot with anyone as i won't be pitching a tent and will sleep in the pickup bed/canopy.

Dave W.
Aug 05, 2019, 11:19 AM
Since we aren't in the group camp this month, when you arrive, why don't you post your camping spot so we can find each other....
Aug 05, 2019, 01:40 PM
Damage is expected
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomleach
Since we aren't in the group camp this month, when you arrive, why don't you post your camping spot so we can find each other....
Will do!

Dave W.
Aug 06, 2019, 12:15 AM
Hey Jim, did you make the switch to Verizon? Is that working out OK for you at Blanco?
See you on Wednesday.
Aug 06, 2019, 09:15 AM

Another day in sloping paradice ....

Look forward to your arrival, I'm in A-11.

Just figured out how to capture a picture out of a movie, so I could post the Sagitta launch.

Yesterday flew a very old glass Mini Salto that I've motorized. Think it was a bit overwhelmed by the 25 I was flying it in? My good fortune to get it back in one piece!

Next, did an experiment with a Horizon Tundra, wanted to see if you could take it off from our launch zone with landing gear on it? Actually worked great! Took a minute to get it stable, and then held onto the tail and gave it full throttle. Simply leaped off the ground. Takeoff roll couldn't have been more than 1/2 an inch! And then it flew nicely with little or no power. (Sort of thing where, if you were going to do that sort of flying, you'd want a folding prop on it?) Was fun and, on landing gave it full throttle to get it to come down. It spent quite a while hovering over the LZ before it actually settled in?

Today's likely an SR-7 day.

No sign of fog at the moment, but the day is young.

Cubnuts
Aug 06, 2019, 09:23 AM
Damage is expected
You are having way to much fun down there!
Aug 06, 2019, 01:53 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
Charging Gizlite OG (original gizmo) with Sirius solar power

Quick Reply