This thread is privately moderated by My Precioussss!, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 05, 2019, 02:56 PM
Certifiable User
So far so good

2019 4th of july crashtacular has been a fog free zone...

Best speed... a measly 152

Lots of fun as usual though. Hoping to make it back for september meet up
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2019, 05:03 PM
Is that Aaron's Cervix in the 2nd phot? Good paint scheme.
What did Chris get 134 with in the 3rd photo, looks Shearish.
Good to see that Olin made the trip.
I like the gentle 8lb tapper
Is that Stephen with the Zipper?
Arrrrrr, I hate being stuck at work! Gonna try to make both August and September dates. September for sure, August pretty sure (getting a new boss in early August so hopefully that doesn't throw a wrench in the plans).
Jul 08, 2019, 10:07 AM
Loving Lee's Slope Slut
The third photo with Chris was the final flight on my favorite Cervix. Rest in Peace little Cervix.
Jul 08, 2019, 10:44 AM
All times are GMT

Sunday the 7th

No fog, sunny. Good times with Talin
Jul 08, 2019, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarheadFlyer
The third photo with Chris was the final flight on my favorite Cervix. Rest in Peace little Cervix.
'Tis but a scratch, it'll buff out!
Seriously, doesn't look that bad, ask Pete was his Energic looked like. It's the one I was flying at Eagle last May. A bit heavier then a stock Energic, but flys great. Looks like just the wing tabs and the fuse by the trailing edge hold down is broke, you should be able to fix that up. You got skilz man, mad skilz!
Last edited by tomleach; Jul 08, 2019 at 02:00 PM.
Jul 08, 2019, 01:56 PM
Dan, Talin doesn't looked stoked at all!
What's he flying now? He was flying a wing last year, have you moved him up to glass slippers yet?
Jul 09, 2019, 08:54 AM
All times are GMT
He has his wing and a Birdworks Mog. His skills are very impressive for a young man. He's saving his money for a foamy warbird. Next is to upgrade his radio gear.
I'm hoping he can make the fun fly this year.
We'll come for the weekend, depending on weather

A day of flight @ Cape Blanco (4 min 6 sec)
Last edited by wackyd; Jul 09, 2019 at 01:21 PM.
Jul 10, 2019, 04:59 PM
I'm thinking of switching from AT&T cell service to Vrizon, what's the cell service like at CB with Vrizon?
Jul 10, 2019, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubnuts
I'm thinking of switching from AT&T cell service to Vrizon, what's the cell service like at CB with Vrizon?
usually good out at the flying area. I think verizon also works in camp but varys on your location.
Jul 10, 2019, 06:53 PM
I don't think I've had any issues with Verizon in either camp or at the point. I've gotten good enough data coverage to use my phone as a hotspot for my iPad in camp (haven't tried that at the point )
Jul 11, 2019, 06:53 AM
Tom, Data is the issue, and that's just what I needed. THANK YOU. Jim
Jul 11, 2019, 02:20 PM
I also have a USB cell modem for my laptop through Verizon and it has worked fine in the group camp before as well.
Jul 11, 2019, 07:51 PM
pnc
pnc
You guys and your data
Jul 12, 2019, 02:16 PM
The regular campground is first come-first serve, right? I'm thinking of coming over on Wednesday, Aug 7, but possibly not until Thursday the 8th. What time is the best time in the morning to get there? I suspect that just before checkout would be best, but I can't find the checkout time, anyone know?
Never had to deal with individual sites before as I've always stayed in the group camp.
Jul 12, 2019, 08:50 PM
Damage is expected
I've found that 9am to noon worked well last year. There is no way to predict, but since Cape Blanco is well off the beaten path I expect to arrive about that time on the very same day to look for a space.

Quick Reply