Dec 07, 2019, 07:16 PM
Damage is expected
Giggle. The software to schedule leave won't let me book my vacation for next July. I'll just have to come down with a contagious condition or something that week. Maybe all of my work benefits have been revoked due to my preoccupation with RC aircraft? Note: OSU's new president will be announced on the 13th.

I was attempting to hot-wire-cut an airfoil today and fried the power supply. If I get my act together I might show up with more "interesting" stuff this summer. Especially considering the weather will be perfect next July with a high lift coefficient throughout the entire week with temperatures in the mid 60's and low humidity.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2019, 08:19 PM
pnc
pnc
And no fog or rain so Jana and I won't have a waterbed for a floor in our tent lol
Dec 09, 2019, 11:46 PM
Toy Flyer
Totally off subject. My wife and I use AT&T and get sketchy text/web coverage in the campground and none at Humbug campground. If you get better Verizon coverage (2 or more poles), please respond here or PM.

Thanks, Glover
Dec 10, 2019, 12:58 AM
I've not really had any problems with Verizon using either my phone for text/data/calls or my cell modem with my laptop either at the campground at CB or at the point. Not tried it at Humbug, but it's been fine at CB. I don't remember how many bars I had, but I was able to post photos on a daily basis last year.
Dec 10, 2019, 09:02 AM
I use AT& and find the service good on the north side of the park, good enough to use as a wifi hot spot.
Dec 10, 2019, 09:51 AM
Toy Flyer
Thanks for the input.

PS. We can make/receive calls only at flying site and at picnic tables along south road down to the beach. Also agree about north end being better as we more frequently get the dreaded barred circle at sites to the south.
Dec 10, 2019, 03:49 PM

Cell

Best two spots to be.
Flying or setting down to eat.

I have some new planes I need finished before July. I need a vacation so I can build!
Dec 10, 2019, 11:39 PM
pnc
pnc
Put the blade together Bruce
Dec 10, 2019, 11:41 PM
pnc
pnc
I have a couple new ones like the Chubby and the Fps you should fly.

Fun
Dec 12, 2019, 12:49 PM
Flags blow'n, I'm go'n
Thread OP
Houston, we have a problem...
I have not been able to book the group camp. Come to find out Cape Blanco State Park is having a problem with some drain fields in the main park. They reserve the group camp for the construction equipment and the workers to stay while the work is going on. I just found that out yesterday from the park ranger. We have a couple options at this point. The horse camp might be a solution, park ranger is checking on that. They could have the work completed by the time we get down there, but I think we need a back up plan. Worst case scenario, we stay in the main campground. Any thoughts or ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Dec 12, 2019, 01:17 PM
Damage is expected
I use main camp because I want the electrical hookup.
Dec 12, 2019, 01:42 PM
Hmm, the nice thing about the group camp, is, well, the whole group is there...
I think we should pursue the horse camp if we can make it essentially our group camp. People that want the main camp still can, but we would at least have a central place to gather...
I'd still verbally throw our hat in the ring for the group camp, but use the horse camp as a backup and main camp as tertiary.
Dec 12, 2019, 03:05 PM

Horse

Stop horsing around Tom.
To stay in the horse camp you need a horse.
I do not have one yet, would be nice to ride on the beach collect lost planes and bring them back to the top.
Only put one of mine down there a while back (Mog).
Dec 13, 2019, 08:35 AM
historically we've been there a week or two later, if we moved the date "later", might that allow the construction guys to get their job done and free up the group camp for us?
Dec 20, 2019, 06:44 PM
Flags blow'n, I'm go'n
Thread OP
The Ranger called back regarding the horse camp. No go unless you have a horse. He was not sure of the scope of work yet. Should know more in February. I will keep on them.

Happy Holidays...

Quick Reply