Apr 09, 2019, 08:33 PM
Thread OP
Help!

CBOX200.bin File Corrupt

I have been trying desperately to get my by CB200 setup with dual RX3s and keep running into issues! I updated the RX3s, followed the video/tutorials, and had an issue with the CB200 flashing back & forth on the device explorer screen. Anyway, after reading another forum post on RCGroups, a user said they had to update the CB200 to fix the 'flashing' error. I did that and updated my CB200 to V1.31. This fixed the 'flashing' error on the device explorer page. I'm now able to select the CB200, but I get a 'File Corrupt' message about the CBOX200.bin file (see attached images). Does anyone know how to fix this?? I really appreciate the help!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2019, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbio
I have been trying desperately to get my by CB200 setup with dual RX3s and keep running into issues! I updated the RX3s, followed the video/tutorials, and had an issue with the CB200 flashing back & forth on the device explorer screen. Anyway, after reading another forum post on RCGroups, a user said they had to update the CB200 to fix the 'flashing' error. I did that and updated my CB200 to V1.31. This fixed the 'flashing' error on the device explorer page. I'm now able to select the CB200, but I get a 'File Corrupt' message about the CBOX200.bin file (see attached images). Does anyone know how to fix this?? I really appreciate the help!
You need to update CB200.bin in the Devices folder with the one that matches V1.31 Cb200 firmware.
Apr 10, 2019, 08:14 AM
Yes this is a common problem especially since we update with JetiStudio.

I have been asking over the German forum, which Jeti is supposed to look at, for JetiStudio to at least put up a reminder when updating but from what I understand of German I have been told, by one of the main stay on this site, that it was easy to be a critique.

Anyway, update your .bin file, which Jeti does not put any date or reference on, and you will be fine.

End of my rant.
Apr 11, 2019, 06:57 PM
Thread OP
Thanks gentlemen for your replies! I apologize for the delayed response (been slaving at work). I hate to ask, but when you say 'update CB200.bin in the Devices folder with the one that matches V1.31 Cb200 firmware.', does that mean I need to pull the SD card and replace this file? In the firmware update package I noticed that the CB200.bin file was in a folder. I'm gonna pull the SD card in the meantime and explore till I hear back from you all. Thanks again for the help!!
Apr 11, 2019, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbio
Thanks gentlemen for your replies! I apologize for the delayed response (been slaving at work). I hate to ask, but when you say 'update CB200.bin in the Devices folder with the one that matches V1.31 Cb200 firmware.', does that mean I need to pull the SD card and replace this file? In the firmware update package I noticed that the CB200.bin file was in a folder. I'm gonna pull the SD card in the meantime and explore till I hear back from you all. Thanks again for the help!!
Connect the transmitter to a PC via USB cable provided and it should appear as a USB drive. find the Devices folder and copy the new file into it.

Wayne
Apr 11, 2019, 08:26 PM
Thread OP
Ok. That would be much easier. Thanks again, Wayne!
Jun 10, 2019, 12:00 AM
IMAC 4 LIFE!
Gentelemen,

I ran into similar problem when setting up a CB200.

I understand you have to update the CB200.bin file but where do I find the updated file and how do I know what is currently in my transmitter as when I looked for the CB200.Bin file it is only showing a date not a version number so how do I know if I am adding the newer file. The date on my CB200.bin file is Aug 14, 2018.

HELP! LOL!
Jun 10, 2019, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakov
Gentelemen,

I ran into similar problem when setting up a CB200.

I understand you have to update the CB200.bin file but where do I find the updated file and how do I know what is currently in my transmitter as when I looked for the CB200.Bin file it is only showing a date not a version number so how do I know if I am adding the newer file. The date on my CB200.bin file is Aug 14, 2018.

HELP! LOL!
While it would be nice if Jeti simply updated the CB200.bin file for you it still isn't all that difficult. You don't even need to know or care what verion of CB200.bin is currently on your transmitter. When you update the CB200 simply look at the files provided with the update. If there is a Devices folder provided (there is with V1.31 for CB200), simply copy the files in that folder to the Devices folder on your transmitter. Done.
Jun 12, 2019, 05:17 AM
IMAC 4 LIFE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455
While it would be nice if Jeti simply updated the CB200.bin file for you it still isn't all that difficult. You don't even need to know or care what verion of CB200.bin is currently on your transmitter. When you update the CB200 simply look at the files provided with the update. If there is a Devices folder provided (there is with V1.31 for CB200), simply copy the files in that folder to the Devices folder on your transmitter. Done.
Thanks.

I had not seen your post yet but decided to just update my TX with the same update I had already applied and the message went away.

Quick Reply