This thread is privately moderated by FoamieNinja, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 09, 2019, 12:33 AM
Fly Different
Thread OP
Gallery

Toledo Show 2019 - A quick recap

It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to post again, so I'm going to quickly jump in, and hopefully bridge the gap before I get myself into the position to lose track of everything once more.

I'm going to skip over last year's FliteFest/IRCHA/MultiGP-IO coverage for now, as I didn't really gather enough to make a full post about it. I can always backtrack and fill that in at a later date.

On to the gist of it, for now.
I did my usual run-through of the event, snagging photos of all of the year's contestants and such... There were quite a large number of absolutely fantastic models there this year, albeit fewer than previous years. Some of that is likely due to reduced attendance, and reduced prize awards.

With that being said, I did enter one of my slightly older builds into the competition, and managed to snag first place in its class.
I ended up stripping down what I had poorly dubbed "QuadQuad," and touched up all of the imperfections in the finish, as well as made a few other minor changes.
One thing led to another, as I eventually decided on going all out, and finally getting a rider for it. For some reason, it seemed like a Donald Trump doll would be the perfect fit for it. The doll was fabricated completely from scratch by a friend of mine, right down to the hat, and shoes. Long story short, I was not disappointed by the end result.
The only unfortunate point in adding a rider to QuadQuad, is that I'll have to lock the handlebars in place... The doll is too rigid to allow for any sort of rotation. It's not too big of a deal, though. Once it's secured, Trump can take to the skies.

I may actually need to cut this one abnormally short, as I need to be up relatively early in the morning. Oops.
All of the photos I snagged from the event should be viewable from here, though.

------------

Be sure to watch for updates via Facebook & Instagram!
Let's not forget Twitter, and YouTube as well

Until next time!
To Be Continued...
Last edited by FoamieNinja; Apr 09, 2019 at 12:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2019, 09:05 PM
Grumpa Tom
Fantastic foto flood! Thanks for sharing. And congratulations on the 1st Place award!
Apr 12, 2019, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the photos!

Joe

Quick Reply