Apr 07, 2019, 05:24 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Child Rapist Found Back in Kansas, Just NINE DAYS After He Was Deported to Mexico

Quote:
http://borderpac.org/news/child-rapi...en6rTuvRJDP-so

A man convicted in the rape of a child under the age 14 and deported in February is back in a Kansas jail — caught in the same county just NINE DAYS after his removal to Mexico.

According to the Kansas Department of Corrections, Simon Rochel-Cervantes, 46, a citizen of Mexico, spent 7-years in the Ellsworth Correctional Facility for the rape and aggravated intimidation of a witness, as reported by IACR’s Dave Gibson.

He was released and deported on February 19. On March 5, he was found in Sedgwick County, according to a media release from the United State Attorney.

Rochel-Cervantes is charged with unlawfully re-entering the United States after being deported.

Clyde
Apr 07, 2019, 05:35 PM
turn, turn, turn.
He probably got in at a port of entry... Not where a wall should have been built.
Apr 07, 2019, 05:56 PM
Sarcasm, one service I offer.
If he had been properly waxed for his crime(s), he would not have been deported, or returned in nine days whatever the pathway, he would have been cremated and scattered.
Latest blog entry: My first blog entry
Apr 07, 2019, 06:07 PM
Fier Membre des Deplorables
Sounds like a good headshot recipient.
Apr 07, 2019, 07:43 PM
Alarm Bells Softening!
We should have an airdrop to Antarctica for return invaders. Give them a longer trip for the third attempt.
Apr 07, 2019, 08:46 PM
Hmmmm, Raping a child? 1 Week in the Pen in general population. the problem will resolve itself.
Apr 07, 2019, 09:26 PM
already ruff, trying for ready
Any large population contains a criminal element. Overall, the available data shows Illegal immigrants commit fewer crimes than the average population. https://www.cato.org/blog/illegal-im...ssing-evidence

Let's see, over 700,000 cases of child abuse a year in the USA. Assuming the perps reflect the roughly 60%/40% split between Trump detractors and supporters, around 280,000 of those cases were abuse by Trump supporters.

Maybe I should go find information then start threads about child abuse by Trump supporters to prove some sort of point about them? Should be easy to find many instances, given the numbers.

Naw, selectively posting instances of crime to disparage a group, while ignoring overall comparative stats, is...searching for the right tone... poor scholarship. And per se evidence of bias by those who do it.

Enjoy the thread. I know I do, it speaks volumes about how some approach the search for truth.
Apr 07, 2019, 09:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffin Ready
Any large population contains a criminal element. Overall, the available data shows Illegal immigrants commit fewer crimes than the average population. https://www.cato.org/blog/illegal-im...ssing-evidence

Let's see, over 700,000 cases of child abuse a year in the USA. Assuming the perps reflect the roughly 60%/40 % split between Trump detractors and supporters, around 280,000 of those cases were abuse by Trump supporters.

Maybe I should go find information then start threads about child abuse by Trump supporters to prove some sort of point about them? Should be easy to find many instances, given the numbers.

Naw, selectively posting instances of crime to disparage a group, while ignoring overall comparative stats, is...searching for the right tone... poor scholarship. And per se evidence of bias by those who do it.

Enjoy the thread. I know I do, it speaks volumes about how some approach the search for truth.
If you do that, I'll be impressed.

Clyde
Apr 07, 2019, 09:43 PM
There is one aspect of the thread that is inspiring - it is refreshing to see my fellow model airplane enthusiasts condem sexual assault against an innocent victim.

No doubt, your righteous anger at such depravity is a core principle, applied in all such cases without prejudice or discrimination . For example if an elected politician was credibly accused of sexual assault, I'm sure you would condemn such a person.

A enlightening thread, thanks. Could you please post many, many, many, many similar ones?
Apr 07, 2019, 09:47 PM
You can't take the sky from me
Quote:

Let's see, over 700,000 cases of child abuse a year in the USA. Assuming the perps reflect the roughly 60%/40% split between Trump detractors and supporters, around 280,000 of those cases were abuse by Trump supporters.

Every single one of them commit crimes, they illegally entered this country, they receive an income without paying taxes, they use our healthcare system without paying, their children attend our schools and receive free meals they illegally send billions of US dollars to Mexico. Yes, they are fine upstanding citizens. Just because they don't commit what progressives believe are crimes doesn't make them a benefit to our country. Don't get me wrong, I think the one's hiring them deserve serious jail time, this will solve the majority of the illegal immigration problem.
Apr 07, 2019, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfircav8r
Every single one etc. etc.
The thread is not about whether illegal immigration is a crime. It is, no argument.

I strongly agree with your statement that employers are a huge part of the problem. Ask yourself why employers are not targeted by Trump and his demented disciples at least as hard as they target the illegal immigrants. If you ask and answer that question honestly, you will divine the real reason for the hatred they direct at illegal immigrants.
Apr 07, 2019, 11:03 PM
Quote:
The thread is not about whether illegal immigration is a crime. It is, no argument.

I strongly agree with your statement that employers are a huge part of the problem. Ask yourself why employers are not targeted by Trump and his demented disciples at least as hard as they target the illegal immigrants. If you ask and answer that question honestly, you will divine the real reason for the hatred they direct at illegal immigrants.
Nah, they will likely prefer to remain blissfully unaware
Apr 07, 2019, 11:57 PM
Maybe I am naive but my posts in this thread are intended to educate. I think a big part of Trump's appeal is that his supporters do not understand the sophistication of his cons.

It is a natural human tendency to support one's own group while viewing out-groups as hostile competitors. It feels good to surrender to this tendency. For example the professional sports industry is based on this basic human trait. Trump exploits this trait by selective data emphasis. Exactly like this thread.

Trump could have written the OP, it is how he runs the immigration con. He ignores the overall data set while focusing on horrific (but relatively isolated) incidences of bad immigrant behavior. Presto, the uncritical who trust Trump are now infuriated at the bad rapist Mexicans. Compostion fallacy - incorrectly ascribing an attribute of the few to the larger group.

I am saddened and angered at any victimization of a child. I am more appalled when such sad events are used to whip up hatred of those who had nothing to do with the crime.
Last edited by Ruffin Ready; Apr 08, 2019 at 12:13 AM.
Apr 08, 2019, 06:51 AM
You can't take the sky from me
Here's the problem with your thinking. No one is implying that all illegals are child rapists. The implication is if we had better border security then he would not be back. You brought up the belief that illegals as a group are less likely to commit crimes. It seemed like the standard knee jerk reaction to "all illegals are bad" statements. There was only one generalization in regards to illegals and that was a "tongue in cheek" answer to the ease with which they return. None of which warranted the response you gave.

As far as punishing the people who hire them, we did it in the early 2000's in Iowa to great success. The practice however, was stopped by the governor at the time, a Democrat. The hiring of illegal aliens is already illegal and is the responsibility of the state and local government to enforce. The base that voted Trump in wants Less Federal overreach not more, therefore Trump not acting on this is exactly why they voted for him. It is our responsibility to insist that our state and local government act upon these laws to help with the illegal immigration problem.
Apr 08, 2019, 07:39 AM
Quote:
No one is implying that all illegals are child rapists..
Even the dumbest Trump supporting idiot doesn't think they are "all" child rapists. That's why Trump likes to rattle off lots of various crimes including drug dealing, gang behavior etc. The purpose of his venom is absolutely to create the impression that immigrants are a high-crime group.

Quote:
You brought up the belief that illegals as a group are less likely to commit crimes. It seemed like the standard knee jerk reaction to "all illegals are bad" statements. .
I fully admit that my "knee jerk" reaction to vicious propaganda designed to create hatred of illegals is to counter it with actual fact. You should try it. It is not a "belief" that illegals commit fewer crimes, it is a "fact".

I accept that many Trump supporters simply reject facts that contradict narratives that feel soothing to them. My purpose in posting is to demonstrate that when you pay more attention to sensational individual stories than to the overall fact set, you are falling for demagoguery.

Quick Reply