May 19, 2019, 07:23 PM
the noob one
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
Wow, that looks like insignia blue !
Graves moves a lot of volume but they also have a lot of old stock, hope they get you a good fresh batch
Lou, I reposted a picture and added a red arrow to show the difference in colors, you have to se closely to notice it.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2019, 07:24 PM
the noob one
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lapointe
great job, look very nice
Thanks Ken!!! I’m happy with the outcome so far.
May 20, 2019, 10:25 PM
the noob one
Thread OP
Well I finally decided to go with the removable battery setting similar to what Ldm did, I ordered from Amazon a spring loaded hatch lock that is very common to lock the hatch, I tried with some magnets I had but it was not strong enough to hold the hatch closed so I discarded the magnet idea.

When I was placing the wing decals I realized that the invasion stripes I did on the wing where too small, I copied the ones i did on the fuse without noticing that the wing stripes are supposed to be bigger than the fuse, it is my first time doing invasion stripes and the manual did not say to make the wing stripes bigger, if you se the pictures on the box you can get an idea of how big they should be, I didn’t pay attention to the pictures, it was so much work to do the stripes that I’m not going to redo them, “just Be aware”.

As always, I’m having a hard time color matching the paint for the cowl to the Monokote Insignia Blue and Dove Grey I’m using Krylon Oxford Blue and Krylon Pewter Grey.

I have no idea why the wheel covers look darker than the cowl, is the same paint the only difference is that the wheel covers are ABS plastic and the cowl is fiberglass.

I have to sand one last time the cowl for a final and hopefully smooth last coat of grey to move on the the blue top.
May 21, 2019, 07:34 PM
the noob one
Thread OP
Well, everything is painted, glued in place and ready for its maiden this weekend!!

I’ll do the cockpit kit tomorrow and Thursday, if possible I’ll glue it in place .

The hatch lock hasn’t arrived yet but I can always lock the hatch with masking tape for now
May 22, 2019, 06:38 AM
Build'em and Crash'em
That looks fantastic, 3 bladed prop is a nice touch too
May 22, 2019, 11:03 AM
3d and EDF, some scale
Woooooow, that really looks great, can't wait to see it fly
May 22, 2019, 12:31 PM
the noob one
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAce17
Woooooow, that really looks great, can't wait to see it fly
Me too!!!!!
May 23, 2019, 09:19 PM
the noob one
Thread OP
Here are pictures of the battery hatch on the bottom of the cowl, technique I copied from RCGROUPS fellow modeler and good friend Ldm.
May 23, 2019, 10:44 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
WOW Foncris , outstanding !
Congratulations on an excellent build and work of engineering !
You really over delivered on this build, tons of challenges as I look back but you will managed to finish this model in record time !
Great job, love the hatch work , first class !
May 25, 2019, 05:28 PM
the noob one
Thread OP
I strapped the Sea Fury with the power battery on to the luggage hand scale and total flying weigh came up to 11.6 LBS.
May 25, 2019, 05:29 PM
the noob one
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
WOW Foncris , outstanding !
Congratulations on an excellent build and work of engineering !
You really over delivered on this build, tons of challenges as I look back but you will managed to finish this model in record time !
Great job, love the hatch work , first class !
Thank you Lou.
May 26, 2019, 04:56 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Again congrats Foncris, great luck when you get ready to maiden, I know you are like me and its a nervous situation.
Take your time, your an accomplished pilot with no worries, just take your time on the ground and take some roll out practice runs to see how she tracks, I am sure she will be a beauty and handle easily,
Great luck my friend !
May 26, 2019, 12:36 PM
the noob one
Thread OP
Well here it is, the Sea Fury maiden, I only had to do some small trim adjustments on take off, it flew great it is well balanced.

take off was smooth compared to my terrible landing, I stalled the plane just before touchdown making an awful touch and go type landing

Maiden of Top Flite Sea Fury kit electric conversion (8 min 27 sec)
May 26, 2019, 03:22 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Congratulations !
Resounding success !
Great job !
May 26, 2019, 04:11 PM
the noob one
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm