Jun 18, 2019, 08:28 PM
Team Extreme Flight
It's a beautiful plane all the way around. Superb design work, by the way.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2019, 11:17 PM
Its done - maybe...

Seem to have this left over.. hopefully its not needed..
Jun 20, 2019, 11:32 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanordave
Its done - maybe...

Seem to have this left over.. hopefully its not needed..
Those are to resize the servo openings for smaller servos. Hang on to them though. It's surprising how many times I have found a use for them.

You got any pictures yet?
Jun 21, 2019, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Awesome Doc, fantastic write up!
Jun 21, 2019, 10:22 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Glad you enjoyed it.
Jun 22, 2019, 04:23 PM
Was anyone else expecting the included spinner to be the standard elite and not the turbo/cyclone spinner?

Edit: I see now that the page as been updated...
Jun 22, 2019, 05:58 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Odd thing about spinners: All my 52 barely fit in trunk of my car assembled. The cyclone spinner is just longer enough that I can't get the lid closed!

I'm hoping to scrounge up enough jack enough jack to build yellow this week.
Jun 22, 2019, 06:06 PM
You need a new bigger car!
Jun 24, 2019, 09:33 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Who's going to be the first with yellow Velox video?
Last edited by Doc Austin; Jun 24, 2019 at 10:23 PM.
Jun 25, 2019, 01:11 AM
Doc,

"It wasn't the orange one right?" - Gold - McLaren will never live this down. Old man McLaren would be turning in his grave.

Danny
Jun 25, 2019, 11:39 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the man
McLaren will never live this down. Old man McLaren would be turning in his grave.
It's a stark difference to their CanAm program, that's for sure. Missing the show didn't kill Penske so I think they will be ok.

I'm not so sure they have the right people in place right now though. Paddy Lowe just resigned from, Williams. He was on leave, but now he is officially out. Gotta wonder if he will show up at McLaren soon.

McLaren hasn't been very good for a long time, but I think they have the resources to bounce back. I think what happened at Indy is they went in there thinking it would be easy (which it was when Andretti was doing everything for them), underprepared, and then everything went wrong just before they ran out of time. No matter what, certainly embarrassing.

Still, the McLaren brand has certainly taken a hit or two lately. I'm glad they have taken an interest in IMSA. Would love to have another good DPI team.

Did you fly your Edge yet?
Last edited by Doc Austin; Jun 25, 2019 at 11:54 AM.
Jun 25, 2019, 02:37 PM
Custom User Name Title
I've been a die hard McLaren fan since Kimi days. I definitely think they thought the Indy 500 would be 'easy' but they were severely outclassed by the teams who know the ins and outs of the track and the car. It kinda sucks for me that the new 720s GT3 is running the 'sprint' races only in IMSA because I go to the 12h Sebring every year and so I didn't get to see it. I hope it runs at the N24, there were some rumblings that is a possibility.

Sorry for off topic.... holding pattern until the Velox videos are released. Can't afford one at the moment so I'll live vicariously through you guys.

Nice writeup Doc, I go to your writeups all the time for tips and tricks. I'm going to go back through your hinging guide cause I've got a Muscle Coupe on the table at the moment.
Jun 25, 2019, 04:19 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
I've been a die hard McLaren fan since Kimi days.
I was a Bruce McLaren fans as early as the Mk 6 Can Am car. He was one of the real heroes of the era, and also one of the guys we sadly lost. For all he accomplished, he was still only 34 years old.

Quote:
I definitely think they thought the Indy 500 would be 'easy' but they were severely outclassed by the teams who know the ins and outs of the track and the car
That's the Formula One mentality. They think they are better than everyone, and it's always fun to watch the mighty embarrass themselves. I think they will be fine when they come back, but right now they are better off concentrating on clawing themselves up from the F1 mid field. Right now they are probably the best of the mid field, but the top teams are in another universe.

Quote:
It kinda sucks for me that the new 720s GT3 is running the 'sprint' races only in IMSA because I go to the 12h Sebring every year and so I didn't get to see it. I hope it runs at the N24, there were some rumblings that is a possibility.
McLaren has a long term committment to IMSA and that could very well lead to a McLaren DPI. We need more DPIs so that would be a great thing.

Quote:
Sorry for off topic.... holding pattern until the Velox videos are released.
I've got two on my latest blog. It's a badass little plane and we are all hoping for a 60".

Quote:
Nice writeup Doc, I go to your writeups all the time for tips and tricks. I'm going to go back through your hinging guide cause I've got a Muscle Coupe on the table at the moment.
Glad you enjoy them. That Muscle Coupe must be very interesting.
Jun 25, 2019, 05:07 PM
3D Addict
I am waiting for the post Mercedes f1 era. Lewis Hamilton is truly exceptional for his mental focus like all the greats. I would love to see him and Vettel trade cars for a race. Now that would be exciting. Maxie is just laying low and has done a great job being patient. But he is still an a hole just like Schumacher was . But 7 championships is undeniable even -1 for taking out Damon hill.

Ps. I have the muscle coupe and have tamed it. It is like an alfa, pretty, hot, quirky. Takes a bit more than sport flyer skills.
Jun 25, 2019, 05:59 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabeast
I am waiting for the post Mercedes f1 era. Lewis Hamilton is truly exceptional for his mental focus like all the greats.
I'm sick of seeing him win everything, but I have to give it to him. Hamilton is what an F1 driver should be. If he wins 8 championships, he earned every one of them.

Quote:
I would love to see him and Vettel trade cars for a race.
Vettel is on the hot seat right now. Ferrari has been giving him priority, but he's doing nothing with it and Leclerc is the man of the future. Vettel could be out of a drive next year if he doesn't produce. How much fun would it be with him and Alonso in Indycars?

Quote:
Maxie is just laying low and has done a great job being patient. But he is still an a hole...........
Unquestionable talent but seriously flawed judgment. He rams people off the straightaway and blames them for it. Nothing is Max' fault, ever. It will be different when he has a competitive car and overtaking instead of blocking all the time, but until he cleans it up there's a very real danger he's going to hurt someone.

But maybe it's not his fault after all. Jos was supposed to be a mighty butthole too, so maybe that's where he gets it.

Quote:
But he is still an a hole just like Schumacher was .
I'm going to restrain myself because I don't like to kick a guy when he is down, but yeah, I will gladly concede that point.

Quote:
But 7 championships is undeniable even -1 for taking out Damon hill.
The 94 Bennetton is widely referred to as the "cheataton," and in fact they caught them red handed with traction and launch control programs hidden in the software. Benetton explained that away by claiming it was "disabled." Sure. Then why was it ever there? There was also them getting caught, again red handed, with an illegal refueling rig when Jos' "burnaton" blew up in the pits at Hockenheim. Wheeee!

It's too long to go into here, but the lack of sporting ethic, win at all costs and try to kill anyone who challenges you was a bit much for me and I turned F1 off until he retired. I really enjoyed Nico kicking his ass when he came back with Mercedes.

Quote:
Ps. I have the muscle coupe and have tamed it. It is like an alfa, pretty, hot, quirky. Takes a bit more than sport flyer skills.
If I did not already have too many planes I loved the one on the website wearing floats

Quick Reply