Apr 04, 2019, 09:15 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Antenna Positioning

An idle question here...

The XPS JR module antenna sits nicely up within the handle of my X10S. It is out of the way and protected there.

However, does the antenna really need to be out from within the handle and swinging free of it?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2019, 10:40 AM
I will be interested in the "Official" answer also.......been flying mine "Within" .......FWIW
Apr 04, 2019, 12:12 PM
The antenna should be oriented so that it is 45 degrees, either right or left. A range test will tell you everything.
Apr 04, 2019, 05:21 PM
Thread OP
I understand that a range test is always smart, but the reason I asked for an "official" statement about having the antenna within the X10S handle was because of this statement in an old thread:

Quote:
"Do not position the antenna against any transmitter handle. There should be at least 1" separation from any metal handle."
Even with the antenna outside the handle, it's still hard to keep it more than an inch away from the handle, so I thought I'd just ask to see how you use your own X10S
Apr 05, 2019, 02:18 AM
Key in mind that the last 1" of the tip of plastic is where the antenna is. That is what you need to pay attention to. Range test it... if it works then it works.
Apr 05, 2019, 08:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Key in mind that the last 1" of the tip of plastic is where the antenna is. That is what you need to pay attention to. Range test it... if it works then it works.
Ahh, that explains it. The top 1" easily sticks above the handle even when it's brought up through the handle, so I think it will work just fine.

And yes, I of course will range test to verify that.

Quick Reply