Apr 04, 2019, 03:21 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Depron KFM Vulcan.

A while ago I was at another club's open day when I saw a delta KFM electric model built by a club flier out of depron. It flew really well and I asked him about it.
To cut a long story short, I was inspired by this model to make something similar but with my own touches. I finally decided that a depron KFM Vulcan pusher was what I wanted to build.
The build itself consisted of blowing up a three view to a suitable size and then cutting out the parts from 6mm Depron sheet. For simplicity I went with a simple boxed fuselage instead of the cyclindrical shape of the full size. UHU POR was used throughout. A simple spruce spar, on edge was used and I covered the wings with fibreglass cloth with water based polyurethane varnish. The fuselage and fin was covered with brown paper and PVA. A generic 1400KV outrunner was used alongside a 7X4 prop and a 40A ESC - which was a bit overkill as the static amp draw was 17A on 3S. Two cheap 9g servos completed the initial build, although I added a rudder later driven by a 6g servo.
The model flew well and after the initial flights I painted the naked airframe into a representation of the "low level" camouflage that the full size wore.
Anyway, here are some pics.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply