Apr 03, 2019, 09:29 PM
From the bowels of MI
Thread OP
Discussion

Need some tiny motor help/suggestions

MOD: PLEASE MOVE THIS TO MULTIROTOR DRONE POWERSYSTEMS, THANKS

Hi,
I recently purchased a GnarlyFPV Primo kit not realizing that not all 110x motors out there have a 4 hole bolt pattern.

I'm looking for suitable motors to use with the Crazybee F4 Pro v2 AIO FC . I plan to mostly run it on 2s but with that FC I'd like a motor capable of 3s if it doesn't introduce too many compromises. Most of the 1103 motors out there are a bazillion kV which is probably not going to be very good for flight time on 2s or being able to use 3s if I should ever decide to do so, however the ~8000kV options are either over my desired pricepoint of
Last edited by Wayno-san; Apr 04, 2019 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Wrong group
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2019, 10:49 AM
Enjoying every minute of it...
Check your PMs WS...
Apr 07, 2019, 01:52 PM
From the bowels of MI
Thread OP
Thanks, looks like a great motor but the price is out of my league.
Apr 10, 2019, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno-san
Thanks, looks like a great motor but the price is out of my league.
Ahh, well your patience may well be rewarded... just saw these at piroflip/pyrodrone:

HYPERLITE TOOTHPICK MOTOR - $10.99
https://pyrodrone.com/collections/ne...oothpick-motor

...no specs yet but if these are the custom motors Kabab spoke about in one of his videos, bet they will be ideal!

Here's to hoping...
Apr 10, 2019, 04:27 PM
From the bowels of MI
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd flyr
Ahh, well your patience may well be rewarded... just saw these at piroflip/pyrodrone:

HYPERLITE TOOTHPICK MOTOR - $10.99
https://pyrodrone.com/collections/ne...oothpick-motor

...no specs yet but if these are the custom motors Kabab spoke about in one of his videos, bet they will be ideal!

Here's to hoping...
OOOooooooo, that looks interesting. Going to have to create an account...
Apr 18, 2019, 08:45 AM
From the bowels of MI
Thread OP
Still no info on this motor. Curious what the mounting spacing is and the kV. Is the Hyperlite brand considered good? Never bought anything from them.
Apr 18, 2019, 11:33 AM
Curious too... why not ask them?:

https://pyrodrone.com/pages/contact-us

...they are a stellar vendor in my book, first rate!
Apr 18, 2019, 07:49 PM
From the bowels of MI
Thread OP
Quote:

I sent them an email earlier today but haven't heard back yet. They posted some info now except for the all-important kV. Pretty easy to get a ballpark number for that so not sure why they left it as "optimized for 2s on 65mm prop". If it's 10000 kV or more then I'd just as well get the BetaFPV motors which I can have on my doorstep tomorrow and will be a couple bucks cheaper and are a proven motor.

Honestly the Happymodel 1102s are the most appealing to me but unfortunately do not have the correct mounting for the frame I bought. Gnarly FPV is willing to swap my frame but don't have any in stock. Wonder if it would be difficult to 3D print the proper mount out of ABS, and if it would last. Probably not worth the hassle/risk. I'll post here if I get a response about the kV.
Apr 19, 2019, 11:53 AM
From the bowels of MI
Thread OP
Quote:

So I got a response and apparently they "don't know". They look identical to the spedix 1103's. I ended up ordering some although I'm wondering if I made the right choice. I just hope that they are a more reasonable kV around the 8000 range. I'll check when I receive them if no one else bothers to do it before me.
Apr 19, 2019, 02:23 PM
What?... How could they not know the KV? ...if they are custom made to "spec". Hmmm, mabybe not custom made but rebranded/painted over spedix 1103s like you said, so... 11,000 KV

...cornfused...
Apr 19, 2019, 05:17 PM
From the bowels of MI
Thread OP
Quote:
What?... How could they not know the KV? ...if they are custom made to "spec". Hmmm, mabybe not custom made but rebranded/painted over spedix 1103s like you said, so... 11,000 KV

...cornfused...
I FB chatted with a really nice guy who already had these motors last night. He picked them up at their warehouse and they wouldn't tell him either. He thinks it's because they are afraid they'll get copied. I'm also confused because a) they look like a copy of Spedix motors and b) it's really easy to check what the kV is with a prop tachometer and regulated power supply.

We'll know soon enough, they shipped mine out today.
Apr 23, 2019, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno-san
I FB chatted with a really nice guy who already had these motors last night. He picked them up at their warehouse and they wouldn't tell him either. He thinks it's because they are afraid they'll get copied. I'm also confused because a) they look like a copy of Spedix motors and b) it's really easy to check what the kV is with a prop tachometer and regulated power supply.

We'll know soon enough, they shipped mine out today.
Curious on the kV too, let us know how they test out k...
Apr 23, 2019, 09:19 AM
From the bowels of MI
Thread OP
Quote:
Curious on the kV too, let us know how they test out k...
Will do. Someone on FB group did a static load test and they were drawing a crapload of current so I'm a bit worried. Apparently Pyrodrone is seeing over 50% failure rate on the Happymodel AIO ESCs. Unsure if that's specifically with those motors or in general.
Apr 23, 2019, 07:58 PM
From the bowels of MI
Thread OP
Got the motors; I measured and they're either 12,500 or 13,000. Either way this is a super-high Kv and exactly the opposite way I wanted to go. I wouldn't have bought them had I know this. Really disappointed and have no idea why they went with such a high kV. Kabob mentions in his blog that anything above 7800kV (might not be exact #, going from memory) is not beneficial so I expected something around that range. I see why people are blowing ESCs with these now.
Apr 24, 2019, 08:19 AM
Sorry to hear this Wayno-san, but thanks for testing. Was really thinking they would be between 7k-8k from the way the Amaxinno motors sounded ideal @ 7500kV. There has to be a reason why he was thinking 13,000 but I don't get it...

Have you ever re-wound motors before?

Quick Reply